• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

call me stupid

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
was digging post holes with the wife today, and two of them went through an old feed lot road. 2 ft of limestone packed for 30 years is hard to dig through, and I was leaning on the digger. well, I needed more weigth out over the auger, so I thought I would stand out there, I had another post to hang onto....thought it would be ok.

well, the digger hit a root or something and bounced to the side, my feet went out, and I went down,
..... my hand went straight into the hole.... the auger only made a few turns before she got it shut down, and I still have all my digits, but it sure woke me up!

dumbest thing I ever did, I knew it was wrong, but did it anyway......wife says it is a guy thing....

after a few minutes of "are you ok" I got the chewing of a lifetime.....

never knew it took so long to fall 6 foot.....seemed like it took forever!

OK, you asked for it. Your stupid! :lol:

In reality, I can't say anything cuz I've done just as bad and worse. I even mounted a seat on top of my digger. Found out it was easier to borrow the neighbors digger that is hydrolic and monts on mthe buck of the tractor, so I've got down pressure. That or push steel pipe in the ground.

Guess it just wasn't your day to get crippled. Good warning to all of us. Glad it came out alright. :D

jigs said:
was digging post holes with the wife today, and two of them went through an old feed lot road. 2 ft of limestone packed for 30 years is hard to dig through, and I was leaning on the digger. well, I needed more weigth out over the auger, so I thought I would stand out there, I had another post to hang onto....thought it would be ok.

well, the digger hit a root or something and bounced to the side, my feet went out, and I went down,
..... my hand went straight into the hole.... the auger only made a few turns before she got it shut down, and I still have all my digits, but it sure woke me up!

dumbest thing I ever did, I knew it was wrong, but did it anyway......wife says it is a guy thing....

after a few minutes of "are you ok" I got the chewing of a lifetime.....

never knew it took so long to fall 6 foot.....seemed like it took forever!

Careful boy,what if your wife was'nt there? I know exactly what you are talking about drilling that lime stone,this Hill country is full of it,and you are right if you can get some down pressure it will drill,I hate to admitt it,but I have even stood on top of the gear box trying to get it drilled...............................good luck

jigs, we all do things that are STUPID and most times we learn from them. Take Jingleboobs advise and use a hydralic post digger or push them in with a front end loader. Just the thought of your deal scares the hell out of me.

I've often wondered why we (usually I) take chances knowing full well there could be a major costly injury. My latest is very minor (but typical) compared to your possible loss of fingers but I tried (with one hand carrying something else) to lift a fairly heavy picture off the stairway wall with my recently operated on arm figuring "I can DO this" and of course it fell and tiny broken glass went all down the carpeted stairs, me in barefeet. :shock: Duh.
So glad you weren't severely hurt or you'd never have heard the end of it! I haven't told my husband the whole of my incident :wink:

nr said:
I've often wondered why we (usually I) take chances knowing full well there could be a major costly injury. My latest is very minor (but typical) compared to your possible loss of fingers but I tried (with one hand carrying something else) to lift a fairly heavy picture off the stairway wall with my recently operated on arm figuring "I can DO this" and of course it fell and tiny broken glass went all down the carpeted stairs, me in barefeet. :shock: Duh.
So glad you weren't severely hurt or you'd never have heard the end of it! I haven't told my husband the whole of my incident :wink:

Wonder what kind od a deal you are willing to make. to keep me quiet about this NR. Cuz I'm gonn'a see you guys at the ranchers.net rally! :eek: :lol:

Come on, what you got to offer to keep me quiet to your husband? :eek: :) :) :D :lol:

I came in the other evening after moving bails out of the field and pulled the old 2020 up in the drive in front of the house. Slammed it into park and jumped off heading into the house for dinner. The girlfriend was on the side porch so I decided to join her in a cold one before I hit the showers. Well about the time, I popped the top I heard steel dragging through gravel. The tractor was rolling backward and dragging the loader though the drive. I lit out running to try and stop the darn thing but it hit the grape vine before I could get to it. The arbor is a length of steel cable stretched between two huge posts. I was lucky that it stopped the tractor as it sits almost on top of a huge hill. If the grape vine had not stopped the 2020, it would have been a wreck for sure. All I have to fix is a leaning post. Strange that it sat still for I know 10 minutes before it started to roll.
Lessen: Always make sure you got it parked before you get off.

Jinglebob said:
nr said:

Wonder what kind od a deal you are willing to make. to keep me quiet about this NR. Cuz I'm gonn'a see you guys at the ranchers.net rally! :eek: :lol:

Come on, what you got to offer to keep me quiet to your husband? :eek: :) :) :D :lol:

Oh boy- this could be more expensive than the picture frame. What do you need from the East coast that's not breakable and that'll fit in a suitcase. A very SMALL suitcase. And get thru a metal detector. A very BIG metal detector?? And that's legal. (the last one's probably the problem!)

nr said:
Jinglebob said:
nr said:

Oh boy- this could be more expensive than the picture frame. What do you need from the East coast that's not breakable and that'll fit in a suitcase. A very SMALL suitcase. And get thru a metal detector. A very BIG metal detector?? And that's legal. (the last one's probably the problem!)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nr said:
Jinglebob said:
nr said:

Well, I'm partial to good Bourban and dark beer?????? :)

Lobster and shrimp is always good too. :lol:

Jinglebob said:
nr said:
Jinglebob said:

Well, I'm partial to good Bourban and dark beer?????? :)

Lobster and shrimp is always good too. :lol:

The seafood would get kinda smelly. But the bourbon. That would be the type that's sold in a box with a plastic bag and spiggot inside, right?

This is proof of something I have said many times - - -" The good Lord takes care of those of us to dumb to look after ourselves."
Don't take offense as I feel I'm at the top of the list!! He has saved my butt more times than I can count.

nr said:
Jinglebob said:
nr said:

NO PROBLEM - NO PROBLEM - I have the answer: A small piece of PAPER money with LARGE denomination numbers printed in readable numbers on it! Currency - not coinage!

DOC HARRIS said:
nr said:
Jinglebob said:

NO PROBLEM - NO PROBLEM - I have the answer: A small piece of PAPER money with LARGE denomination numbers printed in readable numbers on it! Currency - not coinage!
Gee Thanks Doc. I'll have to go crank up the press.

You know. that Doc is a smart, smart man! :lol:

And none of that "funny money" either. I want the real stuff! I do like the thought and look of silver and gold! :shock: :lol:

Latest posts