• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Calling all members (and readers!) of ranchers.net!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Why don't we 'adopt' Manitoba Rancher and help him out as best we can?
My idea is for us all to send him a little cash, checkk or money order to help rebuild his home. I am sending mine on Monday's mail! Even at $50 each, if all members chipped in, it would amount to over $20,000. That would sure give a down payment on building a new home. Don't need to be a member of ranchers.net, just need to have a good heart to help out someone less fortunate...

Anybody game? LET'S DO IT!!!

For those that don't know, Manitoba Ranchers home burned to the ground. He has lost everything, and found he hasn't enough insurance to rebuild. His address is Chris Coulson, Box 181, Oak River Manitoba, Canada ROK1TO

Another good idea, FH. The check is in the mail heading out Monday.

Just a simple question to help me do it right and anyone else on the board.
Is it OK to send personel checks from the bank or credit union to Canada?
Just want to do it right.

ranchwife said:
where do i send the money???? the check is waiting and ready to go....just need an address!!!! :D :D :D

Oooops...just found it on his "update"...damned insurance companies anyway!! what good are they to the honest hardworking person!!??? we're behind ya, Chris!!!

Tom S said:
Just a simple question to help me do it right and anyone else on the board.
Is it OK to send personel checks from the bank or credit union to Canada?
Just want to do it right.

Tom no problem sending checks across the border. It will be in U.S. funds as you can't right on the checks any more what funds they are payable. We can still spend US dollars in Canada

Count me in as one of the "lurking" readers too! When a member of another forum passed away a while back I asked my postmaster about postage to Canada. FYI, it takes 60 cents US to mail a first class letter to Canada. 80 cents to Australia.

John SD said:
Count me in as one of the "lurking" readers too! When a member of another forum passed away a while back I asked my postmaster about postage to Canada. FYI, it takes 60 cents US to mail a first class letter to Canada. 80 cents to Australia.

Thanks for the info, John SD, I'll put another stamp on it! :D

New to the board, but think it is a great Idea, I am out of town working but called the wife back home and the check will go out tomorrow..

Good Luck Chris

Thought I should bring this thread to the top again in case anyone forgot to put the check in the mail.....

Local fire here Sunday night-- Feedlot is only about 5 miles down the river from my place as the crow flys-- Sure made a glow in the night sky.......

-------------------------------------------------------
June 1, 2005

Last modified June 1, 2005 - 12:07 am

Sheriff: Arsonist torched straw

GLASGOW - Five 200-ton stacks of feed-quality straw were set afire and destroyed over the Memorial Day weekend, Valley County Sheriff Glen Meier said Tuesday.

The estimated loss was set at $60,000.

The stacks burst into flames almost simultaneously Sunday evening at the Langen Feedlot southeast of Glasgow, the sheriff said.

"You couldn't have saved two bales ... out of the whole bunch. It went so fast," Meier said.

He attributed the fire to arson and said a $5,000 reward was being offered.

The feedlot is owned by the Cornwall Ranch family.

OT,

The article says Cornwall, I think it is Cornwell's feedlot. What a terrible thing! I wonder who did it....

Thanks for bringing this to the top...I sent my check in and put 2 stamps on the envelope...hope that was enough to get it to Manitoba_Rancher.

my offer of the boy still stands--volunteer work is the best kind, and he'll learn a lot (unless fh snatches him up first, in which case i should be able to send some $$ due to the grocery bill being so much less :? ) i'll put in something tho, one way or another

Hanta Yo said:
OT,

The article says Cornwall, I think it is Cornwell's feedlot. What a terrible thing! I wonder who did it....

You're right Hanta Yo-- It is Cornwells- Lynn's son Cody pretty much handles the feedlot----And it is a terrible thing- I would like to find out who did it...

Latest posts