• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Calling HAYMAKER

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
Under no circumstances should the United States accept any cattle, beef or beef products, from countries that do not maintain identical or more stringent safeguard measures that is presently required or presently proposed in the United States and which measures have been enforced for at least as long as the United States

Just in case you missed this Haymaker I want to know what you think of this statement. Please feel free to call the R-CALF office in Billings and see what you are to say but hurry as I'm waiting. :p :lol: :p

Tam said:
Under no circumstances should the United States accept any cattle, beef or beef products, from countries that do not maintain identical or more stringent safeguard measures that is presently required or presently proposed in the United States and which measures have been enforced for at least as long as the United States

Just in case you missed this Haymaker I want to know what you think of this statement. Please feel free to call the R-CALF office in Billings and see what you are to say but hurry as I'm waiting. :p :lol: :p

Called the office and they said ignore the canadian hussie she is just trying to pick a fight with you....................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Tam said:

Called the office and they said ignore the canadian hussie she is just trying to pick a fight with you....................good luck

I take it you are not going to agree or disagree with the Statement R-CALF made in their comments to the USDA.

If you now decide to agree with the statement because R-CALF made it that is fine. I agree too but that statement should also read

Under no circumstances should the Canada accept any cattle, beef or beef products, from countries that do not maintain identical or more stringent safeguard measures that is presently required or presently proposed in Canada and which measures have been enforced for at least as long as Canada

I can just hear the border slam shut can't you Haymaker? I mean the one coming North. As the past two years have proved that the safeguards and measures to protect the US industry have not been identical or as stringent as those practices in Canada now have they Haymaker.
I.E. Feed bans remember the chicken litter and plate waste issue.
I.E. Feed ban compliance remember the USDA proved by examining our records that Canada has a robust system and good compliance while the US government investigation found holes in the FDA handleing of the inspections involved in compliance to feed ban in the US.
I/E. Testing for BSE remember that while Canadian ranchers are turning over their dead and dieing you know the 4D's the USDA is getting their samples from the US slaughter houses because the US ranchers do not want them testing their on farm dead and dieing.
I.E the nationals ID system that Canada has to trace any diseased animal back to birth place, which the US doesn't have. Canada can find the animals involved in the BSE issues but the US proved they couldn't. Tell me Haymaker during the last BSE investigation the CFIA announced that 6 of the birth cohorts of the positive cow had been exported to the US, has the US found them? Or are they hiding in the US herd right along with the imported cattle that you didn't find in the Washington cow investigation and the offspring of the UK cattle?
I.E. Downers in the food chain remember the three Canadian cattle didn't make it to the Canadian food chain but the Washington cow did. Oh yea she wasn't a downer was she but the USDA are still getting their testing samples from the slaughter houses, and their are suppose to be testing downers aren't they. if downers don't go into the food chain what is the USDA testing?

I think I have made my point Haymaker. Slam goes the North bond traffic of cattle trucks and beef trucks. :lol:

IT appears like you have made a few valid points...........BUT bottom line CANADIA=4
USA=0......................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
IT appears like you have made a few valid points...........BUT bottom line CANADIA=4

Thank you Haymaker for admitting I had a few valid points :) but Just where was Canada's second case found Haymaker? :???: Where are all the cattle imported with her Haymaker? :???: Where are some of the birth cohorts to the cows found in Canada Haymaker? :???: Where are the cattle that ate feed that was imported to the US from Canada, the EU and the UK Haymaker? :???: You and R-CALF think the only thing that matters is where the animal was born but I don't think Japan and the rest of your trading partners think the same as you. :p Remember Haymaker when the OIE said the US couldn't consider the Washington case of BSE as imported as she could not be considers in isolation of the whole system because of the volume of trade under NAFTA? :cry2:

Tam said:
HAY MAKER said:

Thank you Haymaker for admitting I had a few valid points :) but Just where was Canada's second case found Haymaker? :???: Where are all the cattle imported with her Haymaker? :???: Where are some of the birth cohorts to the cows found in Canada Haymaker? :???: Where are the cattle that ate feed that was imported to the US from Canada, the EU and the UK Haymaker? :???: You and R-CALF think the only thing that matters is where the animal was born but I don't think Japan and the rest of your trading partners think the same as you. :p Remember Haymaker when the OIE said the US couldn't consider the Washington case of BSE as imported as she could not be considers in isolation of the whole system because of the volume of trade under NAFTA? :cry2:

Well IM sure we could go back and forth all day with zero results,fact of the matter is lots of unknowns about BSE,and a lot of folks feel like we would be compounding the problem by opening the border.And without exports ,chances are slim,the border is only half the bad news M COOL is the other half.............good luck its gonna take one tough canadian cattle man to ride out this storm,I believe the industry is changed permanetly.

Manitoba_Rancher said:
You'd almost think Haymaker lived in nebraska on the REZ! :cry2:

IM still here in TEXAS MR,I know these are hard facts you want to blame some one for ,but the fact of the matter is you lost your market and you caused the AMERICAN cattle man countless dollars in lost sales,sooner you accept that the sooner you start on the road to recovery.............good luck

Fact of the matter is that the processors want our beef and without our cattle these plants will likely close and without plants your NOTHING!

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Fact of the matter is that the processors want our beef and without our cattle these plants will likely close and without plants your NOTHING!

YUP its gonna get interesting before it gets better ,I hope you make it,lots of us have positioned our selves for a hard ride ..............good luck MR some of us aint about to let the packers controll the cattle industry,nothing personal

IM still here in TEXAS MR,I know these are hard facts you want to blame some one for ,but the fact of the matter is you lost your market and you caused the AMERICAN cattle man countless dollars in lost sales,sooner you accept that the sooner you start on the road to recovery.............good luck

you know, hay maker, if you'd kept that washington cow out of the food supply you'd probably still have export markets like you used to. don't blame canadians for an unreliable food safety system down there. you would've been further ahead to 3s that one too because while it was a canadian born animal all it did was show the deficiencies in the american system. probably feels better to keep telling yourself it's canada's fault.

Exactly Bull Burger!

Sell to the packers than p :mad: and moan about how they now need less cattle. LOL!

No Comprende'!

~SH~

Latest posts