• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Calves

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Reaction score

Sheifelbein Effective bull calf

Connealy Right Answer Calf

S Chisum heifer calf

S Chisum bull calf cow is a BCC Bushwacker daughter born 4/25/14

We do have a creep feeder in this pasture since July 10th 57 head have eaten 12,000#s so that figures out to 210.5 #s per head in 79 days or 2.66 per head per day.

Do you still use any Shoshone Viking? Do you find the Chisum calves have a little to much leather. I was thinking about putting some Chisum on my Shoshone bred heifers. Your calves look good.

Ho55 said:
Do you still use any Shoshone Viking? Do you find the Chisum calves have a little to much leather. I was thinking about putting some Chisum on my Shoshone bred heifers. Your calves look good.

We've got a full son breeding cows. The Chisum calves cross nice with the viking bred cattle. I would'nt worry about the leather they do have some extra but it's not an issue here.These calves are the heaviest we've had the last 3 years and in the end pounds sell.

oldblood said:
Denn, I like the Sheifelbein Effective bull calf.

I agree oldblood... I had never heard of the bull before- but it is a nice looking calf...

Latest posts