• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cameras

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
My camera is having serious focusing issues so I'm shopping. What are you all using and are you happy with it? I want alot of zoom, but don't want a SLR. I had a Sony H7 and really liked it. It's almost 5 years old, started having focusing problems several months ago. I pack in my horse all the time so needs to be fairly sturdy.

My first really good camera was a Sony DSC-S750. I loved it, but it got where the lens wouldn't go back in, after 3 years. Went to a Nikon Coolpixs S3100. It doesn't like dust. Its in the shop, after just 4 months. Bought a Fugi Finepix, when we went to an auction with Soapweed. I love the camera, but its a touch screen, and I had it in my shirt pocket when I set a railroad tie. Cracked the touch screen, so when the Nikon gets back, the Fugi will go into the shop.

All in all, I would recommend the Sony, but Soap like something else, and he bought the last one that was at Wal-mart, when he couldn't buy his rifle. :p

The Canon Elph has always been a good camera in a very compact size. I still have an S230 I carry on the horse. Some of the larger sized ones (smaller than SLR) such as the A series also have aftermarket or Canon built zoom lenses that fit over the regular lense to give bigger capacity and allow for a wider range of use.
I mostly use a Pentax SLR.

My pocket camera is a Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS with a Canon Zoom Lens 5 X 15. Also on the lens it says 4.3-21.5 mm 1:2.7-5.9. It has 12.1 mega pixels. It's the type of camera a dummy can run, even without reading the instructions. :wink:

Mines a Sony DSC H7. I love it, haven't had any problems with it, its pretty easy to use. I do want to upgrade in the next few years, and I'm thinking about a Cannon Rebel.

I see the Canon D series advertised on their website as...
Waterproof. Freezeproof. Shockproof.

That is almost cowboy proof!!! :lol:

Latest posts