• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

camoflauged

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowwrangler

Reaction score
03_18_07_1022.jpg
lil gal was trying to hide anyone care to quess the breeding?

Dalmatian???? :???:

(That was Mrs. Maple Leaf's guess. Honest!

Now if that calf were in this part of the world it would be safe to guess Belgian Blue x Holstein. Out there? prolly not so much.

the cow is a longhorn X gelveih,bred to a black limo bull,i bred some hefeirs one year to a longhorn bull and kept this one back for a cow,she mostly has black calves but every 2 years or so she has one like this,she is one of the most effeicent cows i have,she goes out to the feild and picks when the others are standing at the hay feeders,her calves will also be one of the biggest at weaning,when she does have one this color they are easy to pick out of all the blacks,lol :)

I wintered about 500 head for a neighbor for a couple years- and he had about 40 head of Longhorn cows in the bunch- that he bred to a Corriente bull he had-- to get some good roping calves...

Many of the calves from them looked a lot like that little fella...Tough little buggers too as some were born in the brush when it was 20 below- and would be up and running 30 mph in no time...Had to- to be to keep up with their mommas cause no fence stopped them old gals- just stick their horns under the wires and wipe them out...

Only thing I found that those cows respected was my dogs-- they'd get holed up back in the brush and you couldn't move them with a horse- just send in the dogs and hear a hell of a commotion for awhile and pretty soon their'd be cows coming out of everywhere on the river bottom...

Well, sounds like I'da been half right.........I was thinking Longhorn X Shorthorn............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

That could be an interesting combination, ya reckon? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: @ jigs...............

Latest posts