• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Can you Guess 5 of 8 ingredients in Worcestershire Sauce?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr

Reaction score
Had no idea what was in it but use it frequently.
Guess before peeking. It was created in India but bottled in Worcestershire, England, which is how it got the name.

Worcestershire is a dark, thin, piquant sauce made with:

garlic
soy sauce,
onions,
anchovies,
molasses,
vinegar,
tamarind,
and lime.

nr said:
Had no idea what was in it but use it frequently.
Guess before peeking. It was created in India but bottled in Worcestershire, England, which is how it got the name.

Worcestershire is a dark, thin, piquant sauce made with:

garlic
soy sauce,
onions,
anchovies,
molasses,
vinegar,
tamarind,
and lime.
GOOD GRIEF :shock: :twisted: No wonder! Everything works except anchovies and . . .and . . .well . . .anchovies. Why not try a Fine, Well Marbled, Juicy, Tender Beef Steak? :D Don't wreck it with all this other stuff!

reader (the Second) said:
Sierraman said:
Sounds good to me, although, never tried a tamarind. Or have I?

In the middle east and far east they use this fruit in meat dishes and make a concentrate from it as a sweet drink. I prefer hibiscus concentrate drink.

Sounds like my kind of drink! Hibiscus and vodka! Relaxes while making my breath smell sweet. Where might I find this hibiscus concoction?

In the middle east and far east they use this fruit in meat dishes and make a concentrate from it as a sweet drink. I prefer hibiscus concentrate drink.[/quote]

As a matter of fact I like BEER :lol: :lol: :lol:

The idea of mashed up old fish in a sauce that sits under my stove for months...ewwwwwh! You have to wonder how or why it was invented.

Anyway, hibiscus flower drink sounds much nicer and must be a pretty color, too though can't imagine what the flavor would be.

Latest posts