• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Can you help me as a new land owner - how do hay leases work

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I put up my neighbors hay for 50/50 . As soon as its all baled I write her a cheque for her share at a set price . She doesn't have to do a thing and gives me a break on the price . I never back out on quality cause that's my responsibility.

Find the nearest high school with a vo-ag/FFA program. Explain your situation to the instructor/advisor, and if he doesn't know of a student or a starting operator who you can do business with, go to the next nearest school. You are in a position to help yourself and really help someone who can make use of the opportunity. Ranching and wildlife habitat exist on the same level. Getting the taxes paid should be a start, but utilizing your place to it's potential while improving the deer feed, that's a distinct possibility. Good luck with your search and welcome to Ranchers.net.

Around here most people will give you hay ground for free just so they don't have to hire someone to bushhog it. The fields I have the owners told me to treat it as mine and do what ever I need to do with the land.

Latest posts