• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canada and M'ID ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher

Reaction score
Did it take you all the 48 hours to find the all the cattle they needed to from the last BSE case?

rancher said:
Did it take you all the 48 hours to find the all the cattle they needed to from the last BSE case?

According to OIE they still haven't found 200+ of the herdmates of the other Post feed ban cow found months ago-- that the CFIA feels could have been fed the same contaminated feed....

Again from that "noncluster" cluster area :wink: :lol:

Seeing as how the pre feed ban cattle are older then the M'ID It took longer and some won't be found. Just because we haven't done it in the past is no reason to no to get a program working to get it done in the future.

Oldtimer said:
rancher said:

According to OIE they still haven't found 200+ of the herdmates of the other Post feed ban cow found months ago-- that the CFIA feels could have been fed the same contaminated feed....

Again from that "noncluster" cluster area :wink: :lol:
How did the traceouts go from the Texas "suspicious......negative......oops I guess she's actrually positive" cow. After 7 months there probably wasn't much of a trail left to your "cluster area" huh?

Canadians know their ID system isn't perfect as none are but it sure is satisfying knowing we are years ahead of the US.

I would be interested in reading the OIE report you refer to although I expect it doesn't exist as with most of the claims in your posts.

...oldtimers last post is total bullsh!t ... i live in the area of this post feed ban cow he speaks of... the farmer is a purebred producer so he had a record of every animal and the why and who he sold to... :mad:

Keep rollin oldtimer. Make it out to be a Canada vs. USA thing forever. You poor lost old man. Can't see the wart on the end of your nose let alone a light at the end of any tunnel.

Cargill loves you this I know, for the laughing (at their office) tells me so.

blackjack said:
...oldtimers last post is total bullsh!t ... i live in the area of this post feed ban cow he speaks of... the farmer is a purebred producer so he had a record of every animal and the why and who he sold to... :mad:

This comes from CFIA

The birth cohort was determined to comprise 349 animals. The trace-out investigation of the birth cohort located 41 live animals that were subsequently euthanized, sampled and tested negative for BSE. These animals were disposed of by incineration. Because birth cohort cattle would be five-to-seven years old today, most had previously been slaughtered or had died of natural causes. The other 308 animals were traced as follows:

273 animals were confirmed to be dead or slaughtered in Canada
32 animals had died on the farm of origin
three animals were deemed untraceable because of inadequate records.

273 animals that could/probably went into the human food chain and/or back into livestock feed within that cluster area- 3 they have no idea where they went..Could be sitting in an Alberta corral waiting to come south and spread more disease....

And apparently CFIA doesn't report often to OIE- because OIE reports 249 that were still untraceable- but that doesn't surprise me of OIE, since they're just yes people to the industry......[
b][/b]

Oldtimer said:
blackjack said:

This comes from CFIA

The birth cohort was determined to comprise 349 animals. The trace-out investigation of the birth cohort located 41 live animals that were subsequently euthanized, sampled and tested negative for BSE. These animals were disposed of by incineration. Because birth cohort cattle would be five-to-seven years old today, most had previously been slaughtered or had died of natural causes. The other 308 animals were traced as follows:

273 animals were confirmed to be dead or slaughtered in Canada
three animals were deemed untraceable because of inadequate records.

273 animals that could/probably went into the human food chain and/or back into livestock feed within that cluster area- 3 they have no idea where they went..Could be sitting in an Alberta corral waiting to come south and spread more disease....

And apparently CFIA doesn't report often to OIE- because OIE reports 249 that were still untraceable- but that doesn't surprise me of OIE, since they're just yes people to the industry......[
b][/b]

THIS COMES FROM CFIA?Give it up Oldtimer, people are laughing at you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

----------

Thats an awful lot of 5 to 7 year olds to be dying :???:

Must be just a bad bloodline of wimpy Charolais- or more were diseased :???:

oldtimer...just maybe those 32 head...like many other purebred producers he took the otm cattle to a local abattoir to try and get a few more dollars out of them... see cowman how easy it is to speculate...

Latest posts