• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canada, Japan must receive equal treatment

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker

Reaction score
Johanns says Canada, Japan must receive equal treatment

Speaking to the U.S. Meat Export Federation board of directors, U.S. Ag Secretary Mike Johanns said that when it comes to trade issues, the United States cannot treat Canada and Japan differently. He said the use of scientific standards for both the U.S. meat industry and its trading partners will best serve everyone. "If we demand a level playing field, we also have to offer one," Johanns said.
Johanns also said that he "will not rest until Japan reopens its borders to American beef

Makes sense to me. I just wonder if Canada's age limit goes down to 20 months or Japan's moves up to 30 months? Does Canada's SRM list get lenghtened or Japan's shortened?

Sand: "Makes sense to me. I just wonder if Canada's age limit goes down to 20 months or Japan's moves up to 30 months? Does Canada's SRM list get lenghtened or Japan's shortened?"

Nice spin attempt!

Johanns is referring to how we treat Canada and Japan, not whether we abide by Japan's demands that are politically motivated and not supported by OIE endorsed BSE research.

NEXT!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sand: "Makes sense to me. I just wonder if Canada's age limit goes down to 20 months or Japan's moves up to 30 months? Does Canada's SRM list get lenghtened or Japan's shortened?"

Nice spin attempt!

Johanns is referring to how we treat Canada and Japan, not whether we abide by Japan's demands that are politically motivated and not supported by OIE endorsed BSE research.

NEXT!

~SH~

" Mike Johanns said that when it comes to TRADE ISSUES, the United States cannot treat Canada and Japan differently"

SRMs and age limits are not trade issues?

HURRAY HURRAY! STEP RIGHT UP! SEE THE "GREAT SANDBEENIE" TRANSFORM HIS POSITION RIGHT BEFORE YOUR VERY EYES...........

Drum roll please..............

Sand (BEFORE): "Makes sense to me. I just wonder if Canada's age limit goes down to 20 months or Japan's moves up to 30 months? Does Canada's SRM list get lenghtened or Japan's shortened?"

Sand (NOW): "SRMs and age limits are not trade issues?"

TADA!!!!

Let's have a big round of applause for the "GREAT SANDBEENIE - MASTER ILLUSIONIST".

Golf clap - golf clap - golf clap!

~SH~

Ummmmmm, what position was transformed? Did you get any sleep last night? :roll:

Now that your little juvinile grandstand show is over, would you care to answer the question; If SRM removal and definitions and age limits are not trade issues, what are they?

Talk about having worldwide standards as there is only one Company that can prove those standards with records. Such as SRM removal and definitions and age limits are not trade issues as those records come from a packing plant site some where on the face of the earth.
http://www.scoringsystem.com/content/pr_051605.htm

SH, "Johanns is referring to how we treat Canada and Japan"

Now that you've had a day to think about your nonthought comment, would you care to explain? What treatment was he talking about? Drinks selection at the reception?

Johann's comment is self explanatory to anyone with the ability to reason.

We won't convince Japan to take our beef untested if we state that Canadian beef is contaminated WHEN WE HAVE THE SAME BSE PRECUATIONARY MEASURES IN PLACE THAT CANADA HAS.

Johanns is speaking to the R-CULT hypocrites like you that suggest that we have the safest beef in the world, after suggesting that USDA and the large packers who process that beef don't care about food safety, then flip flopping by suggesting that Canadian beef is unsafe WHEN CANADA HAS TAKEN THE SAME PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES WE HAVE.

Only a deceptive hypocrite like you would pretend there was a difference between the BSE precautionary measures Canada has taken and the BSE precautionary measures the U.S. has taken.

Time to divert!

~SH~

SH, "Johann's comment is self explanatory to anyone with the ability to reason. "

That's the only part you've got right! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The rest of your post, well, lets just say there's reading between the lines and then there's plain hallucionations! :roll: :lol:

Latest posts