• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canada vs. USA?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Canada's Liberals Blame America
January 4th, 2006

A too-close-to-call federal election campaign in Canada has spurred the nation's beleaguered Liberal leader to try and cling to power by attacking the nation's oldest ally and largest trading partner. That Canada sells 83% of its world exports to the United States and some 50% of all Canadian jobs depend either directly or indirectly on those exports seems irrelevant right now.

It's a bizarre world Up North these days.

http://americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=5125

And here I thought this would be a thread about the World Jr. Hockey Championship. The US underachieved after being picked by many to be the favorites. What gets me is many Canadians were cheering for Russia last night and that's just plain un-North American. The other thing is that I think Canada would have a better chance of beating the US again than the Ruskies tommorrow. Maybe team USA needed to have a few more Canadian steaks in their diet. :wink:

As far as the Liberals, they don't speak for many in the west and hopefully are on their way out.

Bill said:
And here I thought this would be a thread about the World Jr. Hockey Championship. The US underachieved after being picked by many to be the favorites. What gets me is many Canadians were cheering for Russia last night and that's just plain un-North American. The other thing is that I think Canada would have a better chance of beating the US again than the Ruskies tommorrow. Maybe team USA needed to have a few more Canadian steaks in their diet. :wink:

As far as the Liberals, they don't speak for many in the west and hopefully are on their way out.

Ain't that the truth?!!? That no-good, rotten piece of monkey $h!t oughta be publicly stoned for the things he's doin' now! It was one thing to be clouded in scandal and still ask for votes, but now to be runnin down everyone else, including the US, is too much. But the East will prevail, and since 65% of the voters are in Ontario and Quebec, they'll win. But hey, why would anyone ever consider taking control of our own futures by becoming our own country? That would make too much sense would'nt it? :mad: :mad:

Well the Jack Johnson cheap shot deserved a lot more than a few Canadian fans booing I say. Bertuzzi gets punted for the season for a blow that had no more intent than Jonhsons elbow, and he gets to play in the very next game.

Would have been nice to see an American/ Candian final. Just to bad Pheneuf wasn't still there to deal with the likes of Johnson.

As far as Canada vs. the USA, our dipshit Prime Minister is banking on Canadian anger over his dipshit equal in Washington. American people and Canadian people are not different enough to battle one another, only policy of groups, or governments that dwell on both sides of the border.

rkaiser said:
Well the Jack Johnson cheap shot deserved a lot more than a few Canadian fans booing I say. Bertuzzi gets punted for the season for a blow that had no more intent than Jonhsons elbow, and he gets to play in the very next game.

Would have been nice to see an American/ Candian final. Just to bad Pheneuf wasn't still there to deal with the likes of Johnson.

As far as Canada vs. the USA, our dipshit Prime Minister is banking on Canadian anger over his dipshit equal in Washington. American people and Canadian people are not different enough to battle one another, only policy of groups, or governments that dwell on both sides of the border.

Well said, rkaiser. Jack Johnson should be hung in a public square as far as I'm concerned. At least it wasn't in a winning cause.
As far as OT's usual assertion that evil / ungrateful Canada is once again blaming the oh so perfect / sinless Americans.... well I guess we just need to consider the scource. Fact is, when 83% of a countries trade is done with one country you can damn well expect some sensitivity from the party with the most at stake. I'm not defending Martin (and I wont be voting for him), but I haven't heard him be anti-american. I have seen him do the Canadian chest thumping thing, and I have seen him stand up and criticize the Bush admin. for not being serious about solving trade disputes that (that are extremely important on this side of the border), but haven't seen him be anti american.

The author of the article (Paul JacKson) is as far out there as he can be. He knows if he gets readers stirred up they keep reading. If he was in the US he would be slamming Americans and pointing out what a great guy Fidel is.

You make some good points Silver. I won't be voting for Martin but it is refreshing to hear Canadianism being promoted. There are many that won't be voting Liberal that are also tired of getting the short end of the trade agreement stick everytime some US group decides NAFTA wasn't in their particular sector's best interest.

First....Jack Johnson was a cheap elbow shot but his first few times out on the ice after the incident sufficed,the Canadians let him know how we felt about that....the fact he didn't admit it was a bad shot just proved his character ain't worth ****,enough already it didn't have to carry on into the Russia game and hopefully doesn't today in the bronze final today!!! Second ,unfortunatly I have to agree with Pure we probably WILL have to put up with Martin as Prime minister again ,the West really seems to have no say!! As for ANY politician sticking up for Canada and our rights a little respect is deserved.....I'm still hopeing crossing fingers and toes Conservatives win but............................

Hate to say it, Greg, but that's pretty much a pipe dream. Nothing will change with this election, even though I'd also like to see the Conservatives voted in. The east has all the voting power, and us out west may as well not exist.

Who knows what the outcome will be of the election, but looking at it like a hockey pool, my first pick on the board would be the Western Separation Party(if they were in it), then the Green Party, then the Conservatives. If that don't say how I feel, don't know what will.

Anyone West of Winnipeg that votes Liberal must have there head up there @$$, or Liberal Play Money in their wallet. :mad: :mad:

Another thing - taxes on company vehicles. We just got notice that we have to pay personal income tax for personal use of company trucks, at a rate of 49 cents per kilometer. Our manager said he didn't like doing it, but that we have to. In a small little shop like the one I work in, it doesn't seem like much to anyone, but it burns me up! :mad: :mad: Every friggin' time a body makes a dollar or gets some type of benefit for your hard work, the friggin gov't wants a piece of it! I've already tried callin my MP this mornin', and he's in meetings. So I called Revenue Canada and told some moron what I thought of it. At the beginning he said, "Can I be of some help, sir?", and by the end of it he was saying, "I agree sir, but there's nothing I can do. I'll have someone contact you if you like". :mad: AAAAAHHHHHHHH!! :mad: :mad: Why??!!?? So they can tell me there's nothing they can do either??!!

They call this country a melting pot of cultures. I'd say it's more of a cesspool, and the drain needs to be pulled somewhere under Ottawa.

PureCountry said:
Who knows what the outcome will be of the election, but looking at it like a hockey pool, my first pick on the board would be the Western Separation Party(if they were in it), then the Green Party, then the Conservatives. If that don't say how I feel, don't know what will.

Anyone West of Winnipeg that votes Liberal must have there head up there @$$, or Liberal Play Money in their wallet. :mad: :mad:

Another thing - taxes on company vehicles. We just got notice that we have to pay personal income tax for personal use of company trucks, at a rate of 49 cents per kilometer. Our manager said he didn't like doing it, but that we have to. In a small little shop like the one I work in, it doesn't seem like much to anyone, but it burns me up! :mad: :mad: Every friggin' time a body makes a dollar or gets some type of benefit for your hard work, the friggin gov't wants a piece of it! I've already tried callin my MP this mornin', and he's in meetings. So I called Revenue Canada and told some moron what I thought of it. At the beginning he said, "Can I be of some help, sir?", and by the end of it he was saying, "I agree sir, but there's nothing I can do. I'll have someone contact you if you like". :mad: AAAAAHHHHHHHH!! :mad: :mad: Why??!!?? So they can tell me there's nothing they can do either??!!

They call this country a melting pot of cultures. I'd say it's more of a cesspool, and the drain needs to be pulled somewhere under Ottawa.

On the Tyson side of things, John and family were using company assets as if they were their own. The Rigas family from the now bankrupt Adelphia comes to mind. The SEC or whoever did make them stop and pay something like 1.5 million back. Tyson turned around and voted the family a 20 million dollar bonus. Why can't the little guy do that? You are griping about 49 cents per mile. Tyson gets away with so much more.

On another note, I was told by the only r-calfer I know, that Tyson was not paying tax on the upgrades to its vehicles that everyone else was paying. He was a farmer and paying the tax. Didn't they get the mafia on tax evasion? Why don't the rules for the little guy apply to the big guys? We are becoming more and more a nation(s) of corporations instead of a nation(s) of laws.

In the gold medal game last night Canada dominated Russia and beat them 5-0. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! :D :D

US finished 4th behind the Finland.

Blake Comeau is the talk of his hometown today-it's great to see kids who deserve it do well. Imagine the sacrifices Justin Pogge's mom had to make-Steve Downey never second guessed himself aafter all he went through-you could make a pretty good sports movie about his life so far. Didn't you love the boys grabbing the Maple Leaf after every goal-they did us proud-each and every one of them.

A great group of young men,that did Canada and thier coach proad!!You can't get much better hockey then junior hockey...hopefully these boys inspire our Olympic team.

...northern rancher...that comeau kid is quite the player and you guys should be proud...also the russell kid from our area isn't too shabby either... and how about sutter the coach...two straight titles without a loss... impressive :)

They all played awesome_I really liked them playing Stompin' Tom at the end of the game-it doesn't get any more Canadian than that. That's three World Junior golds for our little town(Friesen played on two). If your anywhere near Lethbridge go catch Dwight King [playing for the Hurricanes) he's our next good one-not too many guys play in the WHL at 15. Brent Sutter challenges his players and they respond-it was just awesome in every aspect that win-I had to watch the game again today.

Latest posts