• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canadian Beef Entered U.S. Due to Lax Oversight -USDA

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
This news is so old why is it being brought up now. :???:

I dont think it would have harmed anyones health even if this beef had been consumed. Eating OTM beef in the USA probably has more complications than Canadian beef! :evil:

I have to laugh that MCOOL is wanted so the consumers know they are eating risky Canadian beef and not Safe US beef. but the USDA doesn't test 4D animals so the US consumers know what the risk of US beef is. I think that Canada should just take the SRM's out and forget the testing to find out what the true pervalence is as the US doesn't seem to care about the true prevalence in their herd.

Confused inspectors, what a spin. If USDA didn't allow it how come the packers on the other end were shipping it? Just checking out our dumb inspectors were they? :???:

Tam said:
I have to laugh that MCOOL is wanted so the consumers know they are eating risky Canadian beef and not Safe US beef. but the USDA doesn't test 4D animals so the US consumers know what the risk of US beef is. I think that Canada should just take the SRM's out and forget the testing to find out what the true pervalence is as the US doesn't seem to care about the true prevalence in their herd.

A healthy cow today could be a 4D tomorrow.

Denny Blowers said:
Tam said:

A healthy cow today could be a 4D tomorrow.

You are right isn't that why we remove the SRM's. But that doesn't change anything when it comes to finding out the true prevalence of BSE. Canada was told to find the true prevalence we were to test only 4D or 100 times as many healthy animals. If the US wants to test 20,250,000 apparently healthy animals instead of 202,500 4D than go ahead but dont tell everyone that you are testing the 4D catagory animals while your source for testing is slaughter plants that by law can't accept downers.

Latest posts