• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canadian Beef leaves for Japan

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
The first shipment of beef left Alberta yesterday on a plane bound for Japan. The beef was shipped out of the Cargill plant at High River Alberta. Japanese will soon have our quality product on their plates for dinner. :D

Manitoba_Rancher said:
The first shipment of beef left Alberta yesterday on a plane bound for Japan. The beef was shipped out of the Cargill plant at High River Alberta. Japanese will soon have our quality product on their plates for dinner. :D

OMG! And without the USDA stamp? Is that possible? Don't tell OT, he'll have to learn a new song to sing.

Silver said:
Manitoba_Rancher said:

OMG! And without the USDA stamp? Is that possible? Don't tell OT, he'll have to learn a new song to sing.

I have as many smiles as you do...I have no problems with you shipping all the beef you got to Japan...Just don't run it or the cows down here first so the Packers can play their games with them....

Might go over good since it will be a completely new product-Product of Canada :wink: :lol:

Canadian packers have had offices in Japan for years. Planes and boats left directly from Canadian soil, OT.

Americans aren't the only ones that realized Canada had quality.

Murgen said:
Canadian packers have had offices in Japan for years. Planes and boats left directly from Canadian soil, OT.

Americans aren't the only ones that realized Canada had quality.

Except American consumers have had no way to know it......Its all been passed off as US product... :cry: :mad:

Because the USDA is afraid of losing market share to foreigners, right?

theHiredMansWife said:
But let's not forget whose beef was back on their plates, first. :D
No, not Texas. Not Wyoming. Not Montana...

By golly, I believe it was Nebraska beef. :cboy:

It was California beef shipped by Harris. Their plant was the first certified on Monday following the lifting of the ban. Product from that days kill was shipped out that Wednesday. California gets the honor of exporting the first load of beef to Japan.

I read an article that claimed that the american "A40" (I think it's called) age verification process eliminated 93 % of 'under 20 month' beef from being eligible to ship to Japan. Anyone else been hearing such things?

Latest posts