• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canadian government toppled

Help Support Ranchers.net:

STAFF

Reaction score
Canadian government toppled by no-confidence vote

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 Posted: 0109 GMT (0909 HKT)

Opposition leader Stephen Harper speaks to supporters after the Paul Martin no-confidence vote Monday.

Canada

(CNN) -- After months of political instability, the government of Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin fell Monday evening when three opposition parties united to topple him with a no-confidence vote in the House of Commons.

Wonder if this will affect western Canada's politics and if Cargil will disclose how much money they made off on the cattle bailout deal?

I dont really know if there is anyone worth voting for in this election. I think some kindergarton kids could do a better job of managing this country than a bunch of adults who just yell and blame each other for what they do and dont do. :roll:

Manitoba_Rancher said:
I dont really know if there is anyone worth voting for in this election. I think some kindergarton kids could do a better job of managing this country than a bunch of adults who just yell and blame each other for what they do and dont do. :roll:

Same down here, northerner.

You guys just watch...we will likely end up with another minority goverment.Likely the @#@#** liberals again.

Kato,

You need to know the whole story about the Conservative vote against investigating Cargill.

They had to vote not to investigate Cargill further, at that specific time, because had the investigation been brought forth and the government session ended before the investigation finished... the whole deal would have been lost with the old session of parliment.

They voted against the investigation at that time, and then brought it forward again with the new parlimentary session. It is the Liberal government that refused to force Cargill to fork over information. Cargill claimed it was concerned about disclosing private information which could be leaked to its competitors. Any information Cargill revealed, was kept quiet.

The media never picked up the Conservative/NDP efforts to investigate this issue, in the new session. You can't always believe what the media tells you, eg: today QR77 radio in Calgary stated Alberta had no Liberal MPs. Well wake up dudes, the Deputy Prime Minister is Anne McLennan from Edmonton - and she is a Liberal MP.

Cargill claimed it was concerned about disclosing private information which could be leaked to its competitors

Things are the same down here. All the companies have that line. The information has little competitive value after a little time has passed.

Latest posts