• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canadian MadCow of the Month!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BSE from this cow will help boost the testing proposed for the Canada Gold beef ........ Could be a blessing in disguise. I sure hope so ..

We test everything here that shows any kind of symptom associated with BSE. So far all negatives but we are still checking.

Sandhusker said:
elwapo said:
I was speaking with a director of the Alberta Beef Producers last week and he said that the Chino plant in California was able to get away with processing downer cows and putting them into your kids lunch because federal inspectors attended that plant for approximately 30 minutes each day. Here in Canada processing plants of that size have inspectors on staff all day every day! There is no possible way our Canadian plants would ever get away with processing downers......... period. Even the mom and dad butcher shops have inspectors attend on kill days for the entire kill.

The USDA won't staff as needed because that might cost the packers a few dollars and would slow down the money machine if the chain ever had to be stopped. This is what you get when the foxes are in charge of the henhouse. You can't have safety and trade at the same time - something has to be compromised and when the AMI picks up the fiddle, the USDA puts on their dancing shoes.
:???: :???: Whats the difference Cargil has to pay for the inspectors up here?

feeder said:
I still have the same thoughts. Does Canada test every cow? If not this one could have been eaten by my grandkids in school lunch. That is what scares me. I'm sorry I am one of the annoying 1% but I'm concerned with the USA and Canada food safety issues.

You fed that meat from chino to kid's for lunch,what are you talking about?If anything,i would be seriously worried about that.

Yep, my grandkids probably ate that meat. But if you read my post I included the USA safety issues right along with Canada. If you also look back in other posts I've made about meat inspectors, packers, and the bottom line greed by humans running our food industry on both sides of the border, you'd understand what my main concern is, food safety. Big money is controlling our food safety decisions we make in our country and I'm tired of them lying to the consumers.

Mrs. Greg, grow-up:

Well....this should make Kathys day.

While many sit back and complain, at least I am doing something about the mess we are in.

At the CWD meeting in Nisku, last thursday, Dr. Neil Cashman stated, and I quote, (referring to the CWD disease process) "We are looking at a process of crystallization." (re: protein crystallization).....

Seems that for those that have done their homework, they would know that this is exactly what the late Mark Purdey was revealing in his work (including 14 peer-reviewed papers); and it is what Dr. Vitaly Vodyanoy is discussing in his (including his paper Novel Metal Clusters found in blood are lethal to Cancer cells, and his US patent application 20070122799. Proteons and Prions...

Dr. David Westaway of the Alberta Prion Institute (previously of the Univ. of Sussex, UK, and Univ. of California where he completed his post-doctoral training with Dr. Stanley Prusiner) made some very "derogatory comments" about Dr. Vitaly Vodyanoy - directly implying any research out of the University of Alabama was a joke. He was very disrespectful of this institution. Take note Mike!

I suggest you don't worry about what I think Mrs. Greg! Like Dr. Westaway, you can bury your head in the sand and pretend everything will just go away (or go your way).

This man (Westaway) and many of his comrades claimed copper has nothing to do with the prion protein and this disease. I respectfully, and completely disagree. The prion institute IS funding research on copper (thank goodness).

Inititally I was completely against testing each animal, and giving money to the Prusiners-&-Commission Energy Atomic of France - with their BIO-RAD TSE test kit..... Canadians are working on their own test because they don't want to pay them either. But, in the end, testing every animal may be the only way the TRUTH about CAUSE ever comes to the fore-front.

Meanwhile, our North West Territories are set to become anothing dumping ground for uranium mine tailings. Virginian's are smart enough to know, not to mine uranium.... why are Canadian's so stupid.

Mad cow settlement reached
Provided by: Sun Media
Written by: KEVIN MARTIN
May. 16, 2008

Source of Article: http://chealth.canoe.ca/channel_health_news_details.asp?channel_id=131&relation_id=1883&news_channel_id=131&news_id=25308

Feed mill owners to pay $6M which will be used to fund suit against feds
Lawyers for ranchers involved in a lawsuit over the mad cow fiasco have reached a partial settlement which will fund the multi-billion dollar lawsuit.

Ridley Inc., the owners of the St. Paul, Alta., feed mill where Ottawa believes the infection originated, have agreed to pay out $6 million.

"These monies will be used to fund the ongoing class actions against the Government of Canada," says the proposed settlement, which still requires court approval.

The proposal maintains Ridley's claim it is not liable for the spread of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) and says the agreement is a compromise.

Lawyer Clint Docken, who acts for Alberta ranchers in the national class-action claim, said the deal will allow the main court action to proceed.

"Essentially it's to provide a fund to pursue litigation against the Crown," Docken told Sun Media.

He said the two sides agreed to such a small amount compared to the overall claim because Ridley did nothing legally wrong in providing the contaminated feed.

"They were simply following the (federal government) protocol, they weren't doing anything unlawful," Docken said.

He said the claim against Ottawa on behalf of an estimated 100,000 Canadian ranchers -- 40% of whom live in Alberta -- could reach $20 billion.

The Calgary lawyer alleged the government was negligent in not preventing the spread of BSE, or mad cow disease, which forced the 2003, closure of the border to cattle exports and cost billions to Canadian ranchers.

He said federal official did nothing to stop its spread before the outbreak occurred.

"Their own risk managers told them if they don't do anything it's going to be catastrophic," Docken said.

Separate class actions have been filed in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec.

The case goes before a Montreal court next Thursday, and lawyers in Toronto will seek approval of the deal June 9.

The Alberta case has been adjourned until those proceedings are completed.

Latest posts