• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canadians- Heat Wave?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

I was just checking the temps and it looks like Alberta and Sakatchewan are in a heat wave- teens, 20's and 30's- ABOVE--It hasn't got here yet as it is still 5 below- about 17 below this morning....But I see some of the spots on the Missouri and west of us are above zero...

Can't come soon enough for me- altho I won't get much accomplished outside today anyway...

I was heading to a bull and bred cow sale today, but had my plans changed last night when the 4 year old grandson pulled a Jake Barnes and cut the end of his finger off- got it caught in a door...Doc sewed it back on and says he has a chance of keeping it- but it left grandpa playing nurse for the day.....

Might have to change old Gabes name to Stub :???: .....

Oldtimer said:
I was just checking the temps and it looks like Alberta and Sakatchewan are in a heat wave- teens, 20's and 30's- ABOVE--It hasn't got here yet as it is still 5 below- about 17 below this morning....But I see some of the spots on the Missouri and west of us are above zero...

Can't come soon enough for me- altho I won't get much accomplished outside today anyway...

I was heading to a bull and bred cow sale today, but had my plans changed last night when the 4 year old grandson pulled a Jake Barnes and cut the end of his finger off- got it caught in a door...Doc sewed it back on and says he has a chance of keeping it- but it left grandpa playing nurse for the day.....

Might have to change old Gabes name to Stub :???: .....

Damn I bet that hurt, a friend of mine cut his finger off with a door,by the time he got to the doc was too late,did'nt even try to sew it on.
I kept telling him to get rid of that damn coon,that's how it happened,coons were raiding his hen house,so he sat some traps sure nuff come morning he had a coon caught ,so he shoots it,well about that time her baby runs out from under the tool shed,ole elmo feels sorry for it and decides to make a pet outa it,make a long story short coon followed him every where,well he was suppose to meet me at the sisterdale saloon one evening and the coon tried to follow him,I dont know how he did it but trying to get out the door and slam it before the coon got out,be damned if he did'nt get his finger cut off,said he was afraid the coon was gonna get his finger,but he managed to retrieve it and get to the doc'sbut a lil too late.............good luck
PS elmo swears he was sober :wink:

Now THAT story made me laugh out loud Haymaker! :lol:

Reminds me of Jeff Foxwothy's story about the nipple that got bit off by a beaver! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jinglebob said:

Reminds me of Jeff Foxwothy's story about the nipple that got bit off by a beaver! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have'nt heard that story,how's it go ?.............good luck

I'll bet ol Elmo wished he had been drunk!!! :lol: :lol:

I have a friend- an old bronc rider that has had his share of misfortunes over the years-- only has one eye and is missing 2 or 3 fingers off one hand- only has stubs...He loves to get little kids and then stick one of those stubs up his nose and twist it while rolling his eyes...Looks like the whole finger is up his nose and really makes the kids squeal...Anyway I told Gabe that if his finger don't grow back he can roll his eyes like John does!! He's not sure of that tho....

Old Johns luck is still running hot and cold- Last week at the ranch he was working at he had a cow kick him or stomp him ( he can't remember what happened) and smash about every bone on one side of his face- spent several hours in surgery after being air ambulanced to Billings getting things patched back together...Good part is it was on the side he is already blind in or he probably would be totally blind...

HAY MAKER said:
Jinglebob said:

Jeff said he met a couple at a show he was doing and they told him that they always said that if they ever got to meet him they were going to tell him the story of when their friend had his nipple bit off by a beaver.

He told them they had his undivided attention!

Seems the friend and a buddy were heading down the road when they hit a beaver with the vehicle. They stopped and the friend went to check on the beaver. He picked it up by the tail and hollered at his buddy and said, "It ain't cut up or bloody or nuthin'!" which seems to be the exact words that bring a beaver back to life!

The beaver bit the nipple OFF. Not just bit it, but BIT IT OFF!

Foxworthy said that that was probably the only time in the newspaper where they could use the words -beaver- and -nipple- in the same sentence! :lol:

Well it sure is fact,you can get hurt mighty quick around cattle,tell ole John a Texan said hope he gets alright,I am real funny about women and children around stock,and before you cow girls give me an ear full,I am very well aware of the fact there are some very good ranchers that are women.
Seen a young lady once,that insisted on feeding some gentle cows cubes,it did'nt take 2 minutes for her to be on the way to the emergency room,she was feeding them cubes and as every body knows couple of cows started fighting ,one cow pushed another into her the girl fell and got trampled pretty good,she was lucky but still had lots of stitches & bruises...............good luck

Jinglebob said:
HAY MAKER said:
Jinglebob said:

Jeff said he met a couple at a show he was doing and they told him that they always said that if they ever got to meet him they were going to tell him the story of when their friend had his nipple bit off by a beaver.

He told them they had his undivided attention!

Seems the friend and a buddy were heading down the road when they hit a beaver with the vehicle. They stopped and the friend went to check on the beaver. He picked it up by the tail and hollered at his buddy and said, "It ain't cut up or bloody or nuthin'!" which seems to be the exact words that bring a beaver back to life!

The beaver bit the nipple OFF. Not just bit it, but BIT IT OFF!

Foxworthy said that that was probably the only time in the newspaper where they could use the words -beaver- and -nipple- in the same sentence! :lol:

That was funny,probably just stunned that ole beaver and he did'nt take to being held by his tail,I cant help but wonder what the fella was hollering while that beaver was chomping on his nipple :D :D :D ..........good luck

Mike said:
Bet the guy was glad he picked that beaver up "Chest High" instead of "Waist High". :wink:

Very good point Mike,reminds me of the time a young lady was out here visiting,walking around the pens and barns she spies a half grown feral cat,OH what a pretty lil kitty she sez,can I have it ? yes mam you shore can I will see if I can trap you one,I want that one see if you can catch it she replied.
Well I had just enough "budweiser" in me to try,sure nuff I corner em in some tall weeds and catch em by the tail.I tell you when I swung that thing clear of them weeds,it hit me about mid ways if you know what I mean just a squalling scratching & biteing some thing terrible,even after I turned it loose it still worked me over,finally managed to knock it off me,that was the first and last time I ever grab a feral cat,almost lost my family jewels :shock: ...............good luck

I don't mean to sound condescending Haymaker.......but my dad taught me at an early age to leave the damn wild cats alone. Buzzweiser will make men do strange things sometimes......or was it the opportunity with the "Young Lady" that made you do it? :wink:

Don't know who your Doc is or how much of the finger was cut off but a child that age can regrow a finger that's cut off above the joint. Best to just leave it alone.

Juan said:
Don't know who your Doc is or how much of the finger was cut of but a child that age can regrow a finger that's cut off above the joint. Best to just leave it alone.

Juan- you are right- thats what the doc said...Luckily it just happened that one of the orthopedic surgeons was available and did the work...Since it was just the end (not even back to the first joint on the little finger) she did an excellent job of reattaching- but was not confident that it would regain enough circulation to take- but said that many times if it doesn't and you can keep out the infection it will sluff off that end and as it heals regrow a new end on children..... She's (lady Doc) just going to watch it for a few days and said she will have a better idea then if the reattatchment will work....

10 ABOVE- heat wave is here..... :)

Mike said:
Bet the guy was glad he picked that beaver up "Chest High" instead of "Waist High". :wink:

I know a man that ran over a beaver a few years back. He also got out to have a look, and got bit just a little south of his privates. He finally got himself tore free, turned around, and got bit in the arse. He was about 70 years old at the time, and the ordeal was pretty hard on him. Turns out the beave actually punctured an artery, he nearly bled to death, and had to get treated for rabies as well.

Used to know an ole boy,a mechanic by trade who lost a finger in closing a big sliding door. He was taken to the doctor who asked if they had brought the finger to see if it could be reattached......Charley said "No, the dam dog beat me to it"!! :???:

My Dad had the little finger removed from his left hand.

Once there was a life insurance salesman here, and pretty pushy. He was trying to sell me a life and accidental death policy. They would pay so much for the loss of an arm or a leg or an arm and a leg. Dad was gettin' pretty owly at this feller when he asked pretty gruffly, "Whats it pay for losing a finger?"

The guy looked thru' the policy and told him that it didn't pay anything for just a finger and that the loss of a finger wasn't really much of a loss. dad lost his temper and procceded to rant at the guy about what a pain it was to lose a finger. His main argument was that the little finger was what plugged the hole at the bottom of the fist."You just try holding nails in your hand without a little finger " he screamed! "All the damn nails leak out of your fist, onto the ground, unless you keep your hadn sqeezed tight!"

With that Dad stormed out of the house and I was too busy laughin' at the poor guy to buy any insurance! I'd never thought about the little finger "plugging" the hole before, but I dang sure think about it now. Every time I'm holding nails or screws in my hand. :lol:

Just looking at the Canadian temps- Calgary 41 Edmonton 36 :) Send her on down...We're up to 26 ABOVE which is a warmup of 43 degrees in the last 14 hours...... :D

Heard a story on the radio this week about a guy that was getting some grub ready for supper when he knocked a big knife off of the cupboard and it cut his second toe off when it landed. He tore around looking for first aid stuff to stop the bleeding and when he came back to the kitchen to get his toe to head to the hospital, the cat had taken off with it. He chased the cat around for a while but had to give up so he could go to the hospital for a little patch up.

Bet he can't stand seeing that cat smile at him ever again!
:evil:

The snow-eaters have arrived! They started blowin' last night at dark, and by 9am this mornin' our 3 inches of snow was gone. Water's runnin' everywhere, frost is comin' out on the highways, damn crazy. Gotta love Alberta, we'll probably be seeding tomorrow. :D

Ya beautiful weather till hour ago now we got hurricane winds...you gettin the winds Pure?? If not the're headin your way

Latest posts