• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Canadians

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bill

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source listing the various proposed new beef processing plants to be built in Canada?

No but I see You are trying to catch up as per this press Release ALBERTA EXPECTS TO BE LEADER IN CATTLE-AGE VERIFICATION: Doug Horner, Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development said this week that he expects Alberta to be the North America leader in cattle-age verification with a new tracking and tracing system. He said Alberta is planning to implement mandatory age verification for all young cattle slaughtered in Alberta processing plants as of April 1, 2007. Under the plan, individual cattle producers will forward the birth data of their calf crops to the Canadian Cattle Identification Agency (that administers Canada's existing cattle ID program), and link it to the radio frequency identification (RFID) tag attached to the animal. The measure is intended to improve traceability throughout the cattle chain. According to the Minister, Alberta cattle and beef industry officials foresee that foreign markets, particularly Asian, will require age verification within the next few years. By being the first jurisdiction to implement age verification across the board, Horner says that Alberta producers will have the edge when it comes to exporting beef.

Although it's a few months old I did find this. I know of plants proposed in addition to these.

http://www.agcanada.com/custompages/stories_story.aspx?mid=31&id=498

In Alberta processing plants as of April 1, 2007. Under the plan, individual cattle producers will forward the birth data of their calf crops to the Canadian Cattle Identification Agency (that administers Canada's existing cattle ID program), and link it to the radio frequency identification (RFID) tag attached to the animal.What kind of databank have they got?That one line of data must be hard to put in or the databank wasn't designed for birthdate's.

try the' western producer ' archives from a couple of months back; had a complete list of plants on a province by province basis including new plants proposed as well as expanded kill of existing facilities.

Latest posts