• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Captive Supply/ an oldie but goody

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:
.I believe even you will have to agree R CALF has brought positive change to the cattle industry,my proof ?the NCBA...............GOOD LUCK

Haymaker are you telling us that your going to send your dues to the new NCBA. seeing you seem to agree with them now. Maybe you can become a delegate and get them to lobby for "PACKER LAWS"

:cowboy:

BMR IM watching the NCBA close and I have to admit they sure seem to be trying to do the right thing,if this continues I have no problem becoming a member................good luck

OK MR<originality,in the next few years you will see M ID,M COOL,and the captive supply reform act become law,to many cattle men demanding it.And it should'nt be long before we will know who is right about the pickett case.I believe even you will have to agree R CALF has brought positive change to the cattle industry,my proof ?the NCBA...

Response...I agree, MID will take place but did R-Calf not delete MID from their version of MCOOL? You surely have not forgotten that have you?

The captive supply legislation will fail-write it down. Most cattlemen are not against captive supply, just those misinformed R-calf members such as yourself are against something most cannot even define.

Yes, we will know the appellate court's ruling in the Pickett case. Wanna wager a cold beer of six-pac?

You are right, R-Calf mobilized the true organization representing the entire beef industry. That organization is the NCBA. That will ultimately prove to be the demise of R-Calf.

Simple question: Why do you consider yourself just a cattle producer disassociated from packers and retailers. Why does R-Calf erroneously continue to point to the farm-to-retail price spread when retailers don't buy cattle? They buy beef don't they? R-Calf members believe they are not part of the beef industry or am I mistaken? Have a great day.

Agman you say the appellate court throws the pickett case out,I say it gets settled for an undisclosed sum with conditions,you and I have a bet but ILL change the beer to the best shot of whiskey availible in the THEODORE ROOSEVELT SALOON on alamo plaza during the next NCBA convention.I have no desire to get in the meat packing buisness or retail trade,I will be the first to admitt I have never been interested in packer programs,I wonder just how good they are .I keep it simple around here and some times find the calving methods described here amusing,my cows are expected to not only calve unassisted they are expected to raise that calf for the fall run,if she dont she goes no exceptions.Then depending on the market, weather and feed on hand they go to the sale or to a trap here at the home place till they are 8 weight then to local sale barn.If I was to haul em,hedge em,and feed em,I wonder with these added costs just what I would gain,.................good luck PS I know agman there are all kinds of packer programs availible to an ole red neck like me.

Haymaker..I keep it simple around here and some times find the calving methods described here amusing,my cows are expected to not only calve unassisted they are expected to raise that calf for the fall run,if she dont she goes no exceptions.Then depending on the market, weather and feed on hand they go to the sale or to a trap here at the home place till they are 8 weight then to local sale barn.

I think you have a great plan. Looks like good management. I commend you for that. I will send you a bottle of Gentleman Jim if I am wrong about the Pickett case. Have a great day. agman

Latest posts