• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Careful what you ask for

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Team1roper

Reaction score
Was dry for wover a year with the drought.
Now in the past week and 1/2 we have had around 12 inches of rain
and lovin every bit of it.
Just hope we can start spreading it out now that the tanks are getting back up near full.

Here are a few pictures of our front yard during the first rain
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i50/team1roper/100_0062.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i50/team1roper/100_0061.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i50/team1roper/100_0060.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i50/team1roper/100_0059.jpg

Sorry i couldn't get the pictures in here for some reason i just couldn't get them
oh well another cup of coffee might help
Have a good day everyone!!

8) 8) 8)

Rain drops keep falling on my head... But that doesn't mean hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm What's that old BJ Thomas song?
You lucky dog.... Wish it would rain like that for us up here..

Team1roper said:
Was dry for wover a year with the drought.
Now in the past week and 1/2 we have had around 12 inches of rain
and lovin every bit of it.
Just hope we can start spreading it out now that the tanks are getting back up near full.

Here are a few pictures of our front yard during the first rain
100_0062.jpg

100_0061.jpg

100_0060.jpg

100_0059.jpg

Sorry i couldn't get the pictures in here for some reason i just couldn't get them
oh well another cup of coffee might help
Have a good day everyone!!

8) 8) 8)

Looks like you live in a wet country, Team1roper. That extra water will all turn into green grass someday. :)

Thank you soapweed for helping Teamroper,Hey TR looks like you got in on these good spring rains too...................good luck

Thanks Soapweed, Team1Roper had asked if I'd help get the photos into the message, but this dinosaur desktop just is toooo slow.

Am sooooo glad you guys are gettin some rain. I know it's been a long dry spell for ya. We got right at 3 inches durin the night last night too, but it's not standin like that around the house, it is in the pasture tho.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Thanks Soapweed, Team1Roper had asked if I'd help get the photos into the message, but this dinosaur desktop just is toooo slow.

Am sooooo glad you guys are gettin some rain. I know it's been a long dry spell for ya. We got right at 3 inches durin the night last night too, but it's not standin like that around the house, it is in the pasture tho.

3 inches huh ? makes you wish you woulda had your fertilizer down,dont it ?............good luck

It would be skeery to go buy a load of fertilizer and spread it with rains like this. the fella in the next county might be the one to benefit from it LOL
We put out chicken litter on our hayfields in November.....so it's been slowly soakin in all winter as it rains. That's the kind of fertilizer I like, don't hafta worry bout it washin away.

Isn't that yard full of water just BEAUTIFUL??????

Wow, I LIKE IT!!!!

I've always said before I die that I hope to live somewhere
that I could honestly say, "I wish it would stop raining."
Never found that place yet. The closest was in W. Montana
in 1975 and 1976. It rained and rained and the wind NEVER
BLEW. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. And then
1977 was the driest year I had ever seen up to that point.

FH, we moved here in March of 1989, from West Texas where our average rainfall is somehwere around 8 to 10 inches a year. Soon as we go there, it was rainin.....and rainin.....and more rain......I was beginnin to think that he'd brought me to a place that never dried out. I don't know how many times over the years I've said, Man I wish it would stop rainin. Well......the last couple years, and a couple years in the 90s we seen perdy serious drought. And I made myself a promise to never say, "Those words" again. LOL I do say, "Wow...sure is rainin alot" or "Sure is makin lots of mud"....."Creeks outta banks and waters standin everwhere" But I don't say those other words LOL It just aint no fun doin without rain.

I still vividy remember the summer of 88 when it basically didn't rain after May 15th or so.. It was a very wet spring and the summer was hotter than get up but it was a great time to be a kid down at the pool.. We went out to Iowa that summer to visit the old family stomping grounds and I remember how sad and down everyone was.. Really was a wake up call..

Now it drives me nuts when we are in the middle of a drought and and I hear people complaining that their is rain in the forcast for the weekend or whatever.. Heck, we'll take it when and where we can get it at times like that. The long term trend for this area this summer is drier than normal for March-July.. Hope it is only a little drier because I don't want to deal with no grass in August again..

Our lakes are finalyl retreating right now in the fields from all the March rain but the forcast show a lot of days with rain possibilities in the next week. Might be time to build an ark soon, gotta love that..

We live in the generous kind of country that both droughts and floods-I'd rather muddle through a wet spell anyday. I actually don't mind riding in the rain I've had lots of practice lol. Were sitting with alot of waterladen snow around right now close to knee deep yet. Were going to flood a bit just depending on how fast it melts sure glad them calves are in their momma's bellies for another month or so.

IL Rancher said:
Now it drives me nuts when we are in the middle of a drought and and I hear people complaining that their is rain in the forcast for the weekend or whatever.. Heck, we'll take it when and where we can get it at times like that. The long term trend for this area this summer is drier than normal for March-July.. Hope it is only a little drier because I don't want to deal with no grass in August again..

I wholehearted agree with you IL....the lady that helps Lil Lilly with her barrel racin, (love her to death, she's one of my best friends) but her arena is solid clay, and if it rains any at all she can't ride for a week or more. I hate that for her sake, but she hates it when it rains, but complains about the hay prices, or hay bein hard to find for her horses. I tell her all the time, either you don't get to ride and have plenty of hay, or you get to ride and have to pay high hay prices LOL Several times last summer when we were prayin for rain so that we could make hay and grass for the cows, she was prayin that it didnt rain so she could practice. I told her...we have sandy soil at the house...pray for rain, and haul your horses over here to ride.

Tell her it would be cheaper to rip out the clay arena and get something better drained than 5 years of drought and hi feed prices :lol: :lol:

I'm begining to think that you Texans have a conspiracy going on down there,,,with all that rain and the green grass and the flowers you keep posting pictures of on here... :wink:

Latest posts