• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Carpel Tunnel

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
It has been killing me. Does anyone know of anything that can be done for it,
short of surgery? I really don't want to have surgery. :cry: My hands itch
all day...I wear the support gloves at night, but my hands still go numb. Then
it will be okay for awhile...really aggravating...

Thanks in advance if there are any suggestions out there. I did go to a
chiropractor for awhile last year and that did help for awhile, but it didn't
stop the problem.

I wondered about taking a bunch of aspirin to make my blood thinner... :???:

I would think a person would ask their doctor, instead of a bunch of ranchers. :oops:

do you have the supports for the keyboard and mouse?
Are you doing the exercises?
If its that bad then I would take the plunge and get the surgery done. Most have good results and feel better.

My local witch doctor is a "wizard" on CTS. A couple of "newt eyes", "salamander tails", mixed with some fat woman "toe jam" rubbed on the arms will fix you up.

He can do more than one hex at a time too. :wink:

MsSage said:
do you have the supports for the keyboard and mouse?
Are you doing the exercises?
If its that bad then I would take the plunge and get the surgery done. Most have good results and feel better.

Nope. But it doesn't seem to matter if I'm on the computer or not.
I only have the wrist supports that I wear at night. What are supports for
the keyboard and the mouse????

It's so intermittent that I hate to give in and have surgery. When it's
bad, it's really bad, the rest of the time it's horrid. :wink: :p Joking,
of course...

LazyWP said:
I would think a person would ask their doctor, instead of a bunch of ranchers. :oops:

I've had more good information off this site on just about everything, (excluding BMR's comments :lol: :lol: :lol: )
so I ask here first. Usually I find out something that helps... :D even
if it's advice to have surgery... :D

The older member of my family had the surgery a few years ago and it helped tremendously. His surgeon said the only bad thing about CT surgery is that the patient has only two hands......which limits income for surgeons!!!! HE is the real smart ass! Which reminds of my perpetual question: what is the difference between a Smart A. and a Dumb A?

Being better at procrastination than any other talent, I'm still coping with my problem hands, among other joints. Computer use does seem to be a factor..........along with any other use of hands, even turning pages in a magazine by letting them sort of flow between thumb and fingers.

The clay like stuff to squeeze does help some, as do other exercises.

mrj

I had surgery on both hands (one at a time of course) about 20 years ago after suffering for many years. After working all day with a shovel, shoeing horses or stacking hay I would be up half the night pacing and shaking my hands, trying to get them to quit aching. I never even think about it anymore. It was such a relief! The only thing is if I had had it a few years earlier there might not be the nerve damage which makes the tips of my middle fingers numb. I bet that with laser surgery now a days recovery would be alot quicker. Good Luck

WHR said:
I had surgery on both hands (one at a time of course) about 20 years ago after suffering for many years. After working all day with a shovel, shoeing horses or stacking hay I would be up half the night pacing and shaking my hands, trying to get them to quit aching. I never even think about it anymore. It was such a relief! The only thing is if I had had it a few years earlier there might not be the nerve damage which makes the tips of my middle fingers numb. I bet that with laser surgery now a days recovery would be alot quicker. Good Luck

Thanks for your post. Laser surgery? I better look into that. I didn't know
that if you let it go too long that you could have nerve damage. :shock:
Mine don't really hurt, but they are numb and tingley constantly. I drop
things a lot as well.

Ok, I'm convinced. I'm going to go see about what can be done...thanks
everyone for your responses. I found out there is no 'miracle cure' that
I was looking for.... :?

Faster horses said:
WHR said:

Thanks for your post. Laser surgery? I better look into that. I didn't know
that if you let it go too long that you could have nerve damage. :shock:
Mine don't really hurt, but they are numb and tingley constantly. I drop
things a lot as well.

Ok, I'm convinced. I'm going to go see about what can be done...thanks
everyone for your responses. I found out there is no 'miracle cure' that
I was looking for.... :?

Now quit messing around so you're healed by next summer. :D

I'd be very surprised if it took more than a month or maybe a bit more for pretty complete recovery. Tho there probably are many different circumstances that might make it take more, or less, time.

mrj

Latest posts