• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"Carrying A Cross"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sweetbasil

Reaction score
No human can exist without having experienced some type of pain. Pain and struggles bring transformation in our lives. Like many people in the world, I am currently confronted with a battle that has transformed me as a person.

At times my struggle feels like I am "carrying a cross" and I found the following explanation of what it means to "carry a cross" that helps me put my thoughts in perspective:

"To carry your cross, is to give up the right and expectation that you are not the one in control of your life. When you choose to carry your cross, you're making the choice by saying: "I'm dead, and Christ lives within me. This is no longer MY life. I live for CHRIST now." It involves suffering. It involves dying to self. It involves putting all your trust in God and letting Him take over"

I think the last sentence is the key to winning the battle,
" .... trust in God and letting Him take over." I know that my own battle is just a grain of salt, compare to others in the world who are holding their last breath, or don't have food to eat today. I want to think that all of the prayers that I send to God are like snowflakes piling up on his front door and reminding him that I am ready for "spring" to come.

Hope that everyone is having a great week.

You use an interesting analogy for prayer! You tackle some very deep matters there, some that few are willing to think about, let alone practice!

All the best to you.

Latest posts