• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cattle and Combine Photos taken last week.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
Here are some photos I took last week.

A few cow photos that we weaned bull calves off of a couple weeks ago.

Here are a couple bred heifers that will be in the Santa Sale. They are both sired by LMG Gills Wide Spread 6800

Here is an ET heifer calf that is sired by Sakic. She will also be in the Santa Sale

On the same day I took the cow photos, I had a combine ride as well. This is the first time we have ever raised any corn.

I sure do like the style of your cattle BRG. I can't get a sense of their size. What would your average (definitely not calling your cattle average :wink: ) working cow weigh? My bucket list includes a tour of your place.

I would say our average home raised mature cow weighs around 1400, while our purchased ones are heavier. We purchased about 60 head of papered cows a few years ago when some prominent herds dispersed or had sales.

It is funny how our area won't keep the cow size down. (not that I want a real small cow) but we have purchased mature cows and brought them home, and then they grow some more. I guess our grass and water has the go in it to get it done, because it sure isn't the way we feed them over the winter, as they don't get much extra around here.

Latest posts