• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

cattle and hot temps

Help Support Ranchers.net:

feeder

Reaction score
How's everyone fairing with the hot temps. Our cattle are HOT. Put extra water sources and stuff in the pens, but they are suffering. Lost one black this afternoon and the herefords aren't looking too great either. It is going to be hotter tomorrow here. Hope they can hold on. Good luck to all.

feeder- I hate to hear about that heat--We woke up to heavy fog- then cloudy all day...Never even got to 80 I think- nice cool breeze blowing, so never even turned on the air conditioner....We're supposed to get a couple days of high 80's, low 90's over the weekend and then another cooldown and temps in the 70's and 80's the first of the week- which is nice since I need to move some cows Monday.....

I was gonna go to bullridin practice tonite but it's to damn hot for me. 102 for Sat. ---don't look good with the "gosh darn humidity"

feeder said:
How's everyone fairing with the hot temps. Our cattle are HOT. Put extra water sources and stuff in the pens, but they are suffering. Lost one black this afternoon and the herefords aren't looking too great either. It is going to be hotter tomorrow here. Hope they can hold on. Good luck to all.

So far so good on the black cattle,I always move them to the Hill country where it is a little cooler and have plenty shade,never have lost any to heat,but this TX heat is hard on any color,plenty water dont crowd em and lots of shade,is about all a man can do..............good luck

feeder said:

Even the white cattle are hot here with humidity the way it is. Blacks are standing in the ponds ALL DAY. Young bulls on feed are grazing at night and eating less, thus less gain. I checked them today and they panting and rocking back and forth with every breath.

Hopefully the thunderstorms will start popping up again.

Latest posts