• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cattle pics Faster Horses did you see these?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Group of PB calves last September 2005

Sept11011_edited.jpg

Lukens Scotchcap at end of breeding season

Sept11021_edited.jpg

PB cow and calf Sept 2005.

Sept11017_edited.jpg

These were taken just before we picked up the bull.

BMr......your calves have some stretch to them-look good. Ps.....is that actually trees that I see in the background of your cow-calf pair?? :wink:

Yup,they look good,got length straight backs and the right color,and all this time I thought you ran "watusi's....................good luck

Those are good looking cattle for black. I'm afraid my cows would go into shock and founder with all that grass around they are into browsing now mostlu prickly pear fruit and cholla fruit.

Where those pictures are taken is a old yard site and alot of the grass is Crested wheat. It is a great spring grass but by mid summer it is quite hard and wolfy. Our native prairie is much better late season grass and the cows could winter on it if the snow didn't get to deep.
In the first pic you can see the fenders on the back end of a old John deere tractor.

Good calves BMR! Are they sired by the bull in the Picture? What is his tattoo or reg no. I'd like to look him up. Same with the cow and calf, got a tattoo or reg no. on her?

Get down your way once in a while, would like to stop in for a visit.

Some of the calves would be sired by that bull and some by a Alberda Traveler bull that i used.
the tattoo on that bull is MTL 1011L

Most of my older cows are Double J bred and I raised cows from them useing Homerun, Rainmaker, Emulation, and Wye bred bulls.

My current PB bulls include Lukens 9440 Scotch Cap son, A son of Sitz Alliance and a son of TC Advantage.

I can certainly relate to the genetics you are using. We have used both Sitz Alliance 6595 and TC Advantage heavily in our own herd. A TC Advantage son was high selller in our bull sale this spring. We will be selling Alliance daughters and many heifers bred to Advantage in the Grasslands sale in Swift Current in December. Would be nice if you could make it over, we'd love to show our cattle and some hospitality!

Yep, I've been gone. Loved the pictures, look at that haircoat!!
Nice, nice cattle. I'd love to see a picture of your Alberda Traveler bull, who I assume, is a 416.

Jon Alberda assured me that 416 would not increase frame size, but would hold frame size to what the cows are currently. I think 416 has a great disposition as well.

What is the bottom side of your Alberda Traveler?

Yes he was a 416 son. He is Ebon Hill Extra Gold and Early Sunset Lady ann.

He wasn't as framey as the other bull that I bought with him but I think the people from Manitoba that I bought him from had bigger cows then mine.

I will have to check around to see if i have a picture of him.

Latest posts