• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

cattle prices

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
I would like to bring up what is happening here in manitoba. As of today three auction barns called sales off due to lack of buyer interest. prices for fat cattle have fallen back to the 65-70 range and feeders have really taken a hit with some prices falling .35 per pound. This roller coaster is too hard for some to take both mentally and financially.

With the AMI loosing its court case to open the border to all live animals today, this will put more pressure on our market.

This Border issue has went way past fair. It seems to me that 'socalled" free trade with the US only works when the US wants what it needs. They take advantage of our oil supplies, fertilizer supplies, water, electricity, and steel. When reading about how the US wants to place sanctions on Japan to take their beef, when they have yet to prove that the US beef herd is free of BSE. I believe if the US does go ahead with santions that Canada should place a huge tarriff on all of the goods that I mentioned above. It would push the price of your fuel to sky reaching prices, and some of you wouldnt be able to drive your vehicles. You R-calfers keep blaming us Canadians on pushing our fat cattle on your country and lowering your prices. If I recall right we had 4 slaughter plants in Manitoba in the 70's-80's. It was the US domination of the slaughter industry that ruined our killing plants here, forcing us to ship cattle to the US. This was a sword that would someday find its way into the heart of the Canadian Cattleman on May 20,2003. I think R-calf should get out of the hillbilly town and come to Canada to see what we do up here. Oh thats right they won't face Canadian ranchers face to face because they are the biggest MORONS in the world. Big dumbass Leo can spout his short ass off to the media about how unsafe Canadian beef is but he cant come to see for himself. He and the rest of head haunchos of R-calf are a big group of Monkeys who sit in an office dreaming up how they can ruin the beef industry in Canada and the American consumer is way to guillable to believe these @ssholes. I think it is a matter a time before some members of the cattle ranching industry in Canada begin a media campaign in the US to inform the US consumer what R-calf is hiding and deceiving them. Can you imagine how this would go over with the US consumer? I bet if they knew what was going on the price of your product would drop dramatically! If R-calf can do it to Canada then why cant we do it back? Ill be glad when we can get our plants up and running and we can step on your toes when you discover you have a huge BSE breakout!

Manitoba,

This is from an American glad to see Canada trying to work on slaughter.

This is only part of the problem. I see Manitoba is offering for funding to upgrade facilities to where they can be federally inspected. At a point, you have to look beyond slaughter. It is only one part of the solution. The next step is developing markets. To that, you will have to determine the level of testing necessary to satisfy this,

My opinion based on lots of reading lately,

PPRM

I would like to bring up what is happening here in manitoba. As of today three auction barns called sales off due to lack of buyer interest. prices for fat cattle have fallen back to the 65-70 range and feeders have really taken a hit with some prices falling .35 per pound. This roller coaster is too hard for some to take both mentally and financially.

With the AMI loosing its court case to open the border to all live animals today, this will put more pressure on our market.

This Border issue has went way past fair. It seems to me that 'socalled" free trade with the US only works when the US wants what it needs. They take advantage of our oil supplies, fertilizer supplies, water, electricity, and steel. When reading about how the US wants to place sanctions on Japan to take their beef, when they have yet to prove that the US beef herd is free of BSE. I believe if the US does go ahead with santions that Canada should place a huge tarriff on all of the goods that I mentioned above. It would push the price of your fuel to sky reaching prices, and some of you wouldnt be able to drive your vehicles. You R-calfers keep blaming us Canadians on pushing our fat cattle on your country and lowering your prices. If I recall right we had 4 slaughter plants in Manitoba in the 70's-80's. It was the US domination of the slaughter industry that ruined our killing plants here, forcing us to ship cattle to the US. This was a sword that would someday find its way into the heart of the Canadian Cattleman on May 20,2003. I think R-calf should get out of the hillbilly town and come to Canada to see what we do up here. Oh thats right they won't face Canadian ranchers face to face because they are the biggest MORONS in the world. Big dumbass Leo can spout his short ass off to the media about how unsafe Canadian beef is but he cant come to see for himself. He and the rest of head haunchos of R-calf are a big group of Monkeys who sit in an office dreaming up how they can ruin the beef industry in Canada and the American consumer is way to guillable to believe these @ssholes. I think it is a matter a time before some members of the cattle ranching industry in Canada begin a media campaign in the US to inform the US consumer what R-calf is hiding and deceiving them. Can you imagine how this would go over with the US consumer? I bet if they knew what was going on the price of your product would drop dramatically! If R-calf can do it to Canada then why cant we do it back? Ill be glad when we can get our plants up and running and we can step on your toes when you discover you have a huge BSE breakout!

I thought you were happy that we were developing our packer industry. Its depressing now but in a few years when we have overcapacity and we start slowly picking off the slaughter plants and feedlots in the Northern States, it will all be worth it. Most of those plants are getting over twenty years old and they won't have the technology to keep up with our fancv new processing facilities.This whole thing has caused us alot of pain but we are through the worst and what will emerge is a much stronger beef industry that will be ready for the challenges of the free market when the WTO eliminates world subsidies in a few years. It'll be great, just watch.

Sash, you're totallt correct, it's just too bad that some exceptional producers will not see that day. Unfortunately some will be lost during the transition.

If R-CALF is lying, why doesn't someone file a libel suit?

How about because R-CALF doesn't have any money. If we won the suit I wonder how many R-CALF members would be donating calves to make sure that the settlement got paid out to Canadian Ranchers. You should think before you speak. Might save you from looking stupid so often. :roll:

SASH said:
If R-CALF is lying, why doesn't someone file a libel suit?

How about because R-CALF doesn't have any money. If we won the suit I wonder how many R-CALF members would be donating calves to make sure that the settlement got paid out to Canadian Ranchers. You should think before you speak. Might save you from looking stupid so often. :roll:

Appreciate the insult, but I didn't realize you weren't interested in shutting them up or shutting them down unless there was a check included. :wink:

Sandhusker-"....I didn't realize you weren't interested in shutting them up or shutting them down unless there was a check included. "

HaHaHa!!! That's hilarious coming from the same guy that,by his own confession, feels that it is OK for R-calf to speak only half-truths if it is in their economic interest to do so!!!! :lol: :lol:

Waaaaay toooo funny!!! :wink:

TimH said:
Sandhusker-"....I didn't realize you weren't interested in shutting them up or shutting them down unless there was a check included. "

HaHaHa!!! That's hilarious coming from the same guy that,by his own confession, feels that it is OK for R-calf to speak only half-truths if it is in their economic interest to do so!!!! :lol: :lol:

Waaaaay toooo funny!!! :wink:

Ummmmm, you wouldn't mind reminding me about when I made that confession? While you're at it, my exact words would be nice.

Sandhusker-"Ummmmm, you wouldn't mind reminding me about when I made that confession? While you're at it, my exact words would be nice."

HaHa double HA!!!! You know what you said and I know what you said.That's good enough for me !!!It will be in the old Bull session archives.If anyone else cares enough, they can do a search using "half the story" or words to that effect.

Are you denying,my dear Sandhusker,that you ever said anything like that?????? :shock: Or have you truely forgotten??? :???: :? :?

Would you really like me to search the archives and post the results here, or would you rather just 'fess up?? :lol: :lol:

TimH said:
Sandhusker-"Ummmmm, you wouldn't mind reminding me about when I made that confession? While you're at it, my exact words would be nice."

HaHa double HA!!!! You know what you said and I know what you said.That's good enough for me !!!It will be in the old Bull session archives.If anyone else cares enough, they can do a search using "half the story" or words to that effect.

Are you denying,my dear Sandhusker,that you ever said anything like that?????? :shock: Or have you truely forgotten??? :???: :? :?

Would you really like me to search the archives and post the results here, or would you rather just 'fess up?? :lol: :lol:

Search away, I'm a bit doubtful, to say the least. :?

Sandhusker-"Search away, I'm a bit doubtful, to say the least. "

Go ahead and say the most,Sandhusker!!! Do you confirm or deny ever having posted words to the effect, that it was OK with you if R-calf only told half the story so long as it was in their interest to do so????? :lol: :lol: Get on your feet and take a stand like the proud R-calf USA member that you are!!! Then ,and only then ,will I bring your words here and re-post them!!!! :wink:

Sandhusker,

You admitted that R-CALF presents the half of the story that supports their agenda.

Are you denying you said that?

~SH~

TimH said:
Sandhusker-"Search away, I'm a bit doubtful, to say the least. "

Go ahead and say the most,Sandhusker!!! Do you confirm or deny ever having posted words to the effect, that it was OK with you if R-calf only told half the story so long as it was in their interest to do so????? :lol: :lol: Get on your feet and take a stand like the proud R-calf USA member that you are!!! Then ,and only then ,will I bring your words here and re-post them!!!! :wink:

"Words to the effect"? :lol: Who decides what "the effect" is? SH? :lol: :lol: I'm not interested in words "to the effect". I'm interested in exact words. Did I ever say, "It is OK with me if R-CALF only tells half the story as long as it is in their best interest to do so"? No, I did not. Post away, my good man. If you've got something on me, let everybody see it.

Posted by Sandhusker on Jan-13-05 7:22am from 12.154.2.130
(In reply to: Re: Why I joined R-CALF posted by Big Muddy rancher on Jan-13-05 5:57am)

Yes, I remember their suit against Canada. If I remember correctly, they won the suit but could not prove damages. I see their suit against Canada consistant with their mission. It would only be understandable that Canada would be a target considering they are our largest trading partner and the presense of our packers up there.

I do agree what they could give a little more thought to their statements. I don't think they are out and out lying, but simply following the political road of telling the half of the story that benefits them. I wish that would stop as I don't think they need to do it.

***********end of original post******************************

OK Sandhusker, I guess you "Clinton-ed" your way out of it. I concede defeat.I got nuthin' on ya!! It apparently is NOT OK with you that they tell half the story,but not so much so that it prevents you from sending in your membership money.RIGHT??? Some folks stand on principle....some don't.
Interestingly enough,the title of the thread that the above post appears in is "Why I Joined R-CALF" by SANDHUSKER.

I guess you were right and I was wrong Sandhusker. It would bother me to support an organization that I KNEW was lying at least 50% of the time but hey, that's just me!! :wink: :roll: :roll:

TimH said:
Posted by Sandhusker on Jan-13-05 7:22am from 12.154.2.130
(In reply to: Re: Why I joined R-CALF posted by Big Muddy rancher on Jan-13-05 5:57am)

Yes, I remember their suit against Canada. If I remember correctly, they won the suit but could not prove damages. I see their suit against Canada consistant with their mission. It would only be understandable that Canada would be a target considering they are our largest trading partner and the presense of our packers up there.

I do agree what they could give a little more thought to their statements. I don't think they are out and out lying, but simply following the political road of telling the half of the story that benefits them. I wish that would stop as I don't think they need to do it.

***********end of original post******************************

OK Sandhusker, I guess you "Clinton-ed" your way out of it. I concede defeat.I got nuthin' on ya!! It apparently is NOT OK with you that they tell half the story,but not so much so that it prevents you from sending in your membership money.RIGHT??? Some folks stand on principle....some don't.
Interestingly enough,the title of the thread that the above post appears in is "Why I Joined R-CALF" by SANDHUSKER.

I guess you were right and I was wrong Sandhusker. It would bother me to support an organization that I KNEW was lying at least 50% of the time but hey, that's just me!! :wink: :roll: :roll:

Thanks for the reprieve! However, you have to be a graduate of the SH School of Distorted Comprehension if you think saying that someone presenting their half of the story means they are lying half the time :roll:

Sandhusker-"Thanks for the reprieve! However, you have to be a graduate of the SH School of Distorted Comprehension if you think saying that someone presenting their half of the story means they are lying half the time "

Hahaha!! You say toMAYto and I say toMAWto. :lol: :lol:
The fact remains that you willingly support an organization that you KNOW is something less than truthful all of the time. Nobody can spin that either way.

An R-calfer accusing someone else of having "Distorted Comprehension"!!! Now THAT is funny!!! :D

Latest posts