• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cattle programs in Sask

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Judith

Reaction score
Does Sask. have feeder, cow calf programs like we do in BC? If so can someone point me to the link? Thanks a bunch.
Jude

I don't know what you have in BC so I can't be much of a help that way. They do have Feeder COOP where you get loans to buy cattle but you have to qualify and build your equity. I am not involved with those either so still not much help. We do have a pretty good extension staff if you need advice.

Foothills Livestock Co-op in Rocky Mountain House does business in Saskatchewan-you'll find them alot better to deal with than the Feeder Loan program in Saskatchewan.

Judith, you'll want to talk to an ag rep in the area that you're interested in. There are a fair number of feeder and cow/calf co-ops, however they generally only deal with a particular area.

Rod

Thanks guys. I really appreciate how helpful everyone is on this board. I'll check out the co-ops and see what I can find out. Farm Credit Canada doesnt seem to be very helpful. They want property to leverage everything with. I understand from a business point of veiw but what about those of us just starting out (again :)

Judith phone Foothills they are good to deal with-no government boneheads like the Sask.Feeder Loan Program-oops did I say that out loud lol.

Funny how we say stuff out loud !!! I'm not the best at keeping my trap shut, I missed that part of my education. Drives my poor very quiet mother nuts! Thanks Northern, I'll keep that in mind. Did your wife recover from the "ice" incedent? Poor girl. We don't mind making mistakes in private but in front of the hubby is just no fun...

Judith said:
Thanks guys. I really appreciate how helpful everyone is on this board. I'll check out the co-ops and see what I can find out. Farm Credit Canada doesnt seem to be very helpful. They want property to leverage everything with. I understand from a business point of veiw but what about those of us just starting out (again :)
Maybe ask to speak to someone else at farm credit,i didn't have any problems this fall buying bred cows through them.I didn't have to use property,for collateral for my loan either.Just used the cows,i owned already.

Latest posts