• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cattle/Ranch Software

Help Support Ranchers.net:

millermlar

Reaction score
What programs does everyone use to keep track of their cattle? Or do you still do it longhand? We are just purchasing Today's Rancher after seeing a bunch of stuff on Working Ranch's website about it. The only thing that it looks like it might not do for us is have enough fields for separate ID things for the animals (we do registered stock and it they have tattoos, ear tags, registration numbers, etc.) I can work around it by using the notes field for one of the ID fields, though.

Just wondering if anyone had an opinion on the best software for the buck. I looked at other programs, but they were $250+! Some were as high as $600!

Anyone else use Today's Rancher?

I've been wondering the same thing...I still do it all longhand but would love to get it all put on our computer. But i'm looking for a simple one for our commercial herd...i'll have to look into the one you mentioned. Longhand works for us though; and I make photocopies and store them in a safe "just in case"!

This has been discussed on here several times before. Take a trip through the archives. We use Ranch Manager. It is very simple to learn and you only have a minimal amount of information you are required to enter a record.

Latest posts