• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cattle to market

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Stretch

Reaction score
Last friday I took some old cows to the sale barn. They did well and have served me well but were getting old and nearing the need for some dental help.... :wink: I took a couple shots of the barn and them in the ring, plus a couple others.....

Here is a shot of the barn and the parking lot, taken a couple hrs prior ot sale time..
Bell81-4.jpg

A shot of some of the pens.. The run was really light guessing about 5-600..
Bell81-3.jpg

This ole girl seemed to be looking for some cubes in the ringmans pocket..... :shock: :wink:
Bell81-2.jpg

Four of the old cows I took in just making a lap for the buyers..
Bell81-1.jpg

Your guys barns are just so much nicer than the ones around here.. I need to go check out some of the oens a bit further away but the two local ones are just tiny compared to those.. Expecially the real local one, doesn't even have outdoor pens.

Your salebarn looks almost Identical to the Pierz Mn salebarn inside and outside kind of neat.We sold some butchers last week also did pretty well on them.We haul them directly to Long Prairie Packing Co.no commission they weigh them and cut you a check right away 15 minute deal.If you sell a suspect cow they will send you the check if she passes the inspection.

Our runs of cows at the Yards has really been light the last couple of weeks--I Haven't even gone to a sale for 3-4 weeks... Some sales had 300-400, but others only 50 to 60....These will pick up to be about 2500-3500 a week in November....I can remember years ago when almost everything went thru the ring- we'd have 2 day sales that would run 5,000-6000 head...

Denny said:
Your salebarn looks almost Identical to the Pierz Mn salebarn inside and outside kind of neat.We sold some butchers last week also did pretty well on them.We haul them directly to Long Prairie Packing Co.no commission they weigh them and cut you a check right away 15 minute deal.If you sell a suspect cow they will send you the check if she passes the inspection.

How is Long Prairie operating these days? I remember a few years ago they were talking about shutting down without Canadian cows, but never heard about them since. We shipped a number of our cull cows down there for a time.

Our barns around here are all along the lines of the one in the photo's. I have enough barns within an hr that I could go to a sale Monday thru Friday and not go to the same place twice. Our cattle numbers at the sales range from 400-1500 on average. We just don't have the big cattle numbers that some barns sround the country see. I really like the one I shot the photo's of. It is Belleville 81 Livestock in Belleville Kansas. The guy that runs it has always been straight up and helpful and even though I am not a big fish in the sea he still does all he can to line me up to get all I can hope for out of my critters...

Latest posts