• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

CAUGHT UP ON MY BALING FOR A WHILE

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I got one more field to bale and ILL have enough hay to winter my cows.I always wonder,wheter to run those ole mama's on the stubble or fertilize em again and pray for rain,but numbers are down this year and ILL have plenty winter feed.I was baling on one side of the creek and had a neighbor working his fields on the other side,its always a pleasure to talk to him as he is in his late seventies and still ranching. I guess he is the one that got me interested in these old john deere's he had his old john deere model "B" out yesterday raking hay,I could hear that old "poppin johnny"long before I seen him,its a mighty nice sight ,see an old man down on a creek bottom field working that old john deere......................good luck

Yeap haymaker good neighbors make it all worth while..yesterday I posted about how pitiful our hay situation is...almost to the :cry2: 'n point. Then a neighbor that has nothin but hay fields (no cows) offered to let us have all his hay just for cuttin it. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 acres worth. I do believe the good lord is lookin out for us. Still gonna pen and cull a few and sell calves but not as drastic as we'd planned earlier this week.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Yeap haymaker good neighbors make it all worth while..yesterday I posted about how pitiful our hay situation is...almost to the :cry2: 'n point. Then a neighbor that has nothin but hay fields (no cows) offered to let us have all his hay just for cuttin it. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 acres worth. I do believe the good lord is lookin out for us. Still gonna pen and cull a few and sell calves but not as drastic as we'd planned earlier this week.

Well good for you lilly,aint it a damn shame ,rain all winter and as soon as it warms up enough to grow grass it quits..................good luck

We are a little dry in our area as well. Do a little custom baling. Started a couple weeks ago. So far everything I cut is 1/3 of what we got last year. It's supposed to hit 100 today, so looks like it's going to be a short season for us.

"its a mighty nice sight ,see an old man down on a creek bottom field working"

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? -----Since when does being in your late seventies make you an "old man"?????? :evil: :lol:

Juan said:

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? -----Since when does being in your late seventies make you an "old man"?????? :evil: :lol:

Juan, that ain't old..that's ancient!!!!!! :wink: But then again, I ain't no spring chicken. :roll:

Mike said:
Juan said:

Juan, that ain't old..that's ancient!!!!!! :wink: But then again, I ain't no spring chicken. :roll:

Sorry Juan,I forgot there were youngsters on board................good luck

katrina said:
Speaking of old.......... I took our youngest son to the speech teacher for summer speech class, and she thought I was his grandma.SHEEEEEEZ :???: :mad: :!:
Has a nice ring to it, "Grandma Kat". You might have designated yourself a new name!

Soapweed said:
Katrina, you should have put on your monkey mask. Then the teacher would have thought you were your son's little brother. :? :)

Boy Soapweed! You sure know how to make "Grandma" feel good don't you! :wink:

You guys are a hoot. "Grandpa" is taking him today. Only thing is Joe Farmer doesn't have a gray hair. Probally thought I robbed the cratle."Ya Right." I guess if it wasn't for my gray hair I'd be PERFECT...........Full of myself this morning ain't I.

katrina said:
You guys are a hoot. "Grandpa" is taking him today. Only thing is Joe Farmer doesn't have a gray hair. Probally thought I robbed the cratle."Ya Right." I guess if it wasn't for my gray hair I'd be PERFECT...........Full of myself this morning ain't I.

Bet the gray makes you look "Distinguished" ! :wink:

Like hell it does.... The neighbor lady I saw the other day said" Oh Katrina, I didn't reconize you." Now how am I suppost to take that???
My view is that she thought I had lost so much weight she didn't know me. :roll: In all honesty my gray hair used to really bother me, but now I realize at least I have hair.... :D

Jinglebob said:
Juan
"Your only as old as you feel"

so have someone "feel" you and see how old you are! :shock: :lol: :oops: :wink:
Hmmmmm - I thought that "old" saying was - " You're not old as long as you can FEEL!"

Latest posts