• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Celtic Beef

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SH, "The fact that their Boise and Pasco plants lost more money than Lakeside made proves it but you are the brainwashed packer blamer who simply cannot accept the truth."

The "Fact"? It's not a fact - it's your opinion! You already tried to prove it a fact and failed!!!!!!!! Our memories are not as short as your's.

Randy Kaiser: "Thank you for proving my point SH. Losses in America to Cargill and Tyson were due to consumer demand and the tight margins associated with that and had nothing to do with a closed border. Therefore Cargills and Tysons excessive gains in Canada could be considered PURE PROFIT."

I said HIGH CATTLE PRICES during the closed border was due to consumer demand and not due to the border being closed NOT PACKER LOSSES. CATTLE PRICES AND PACKER PROFITS OR LOSSES ARE TWO SEPERATE THINGS!

Cargill's Boise and Pasco plants were running at 30% capacity due to a lack of Canadian cattle. Tyson reported "HUGE LOSSES" in those plants in the first and second quarters of FY 2005. How can you assume that their losses had nothing to do with the closed Canadian border?

Give me the "dense" lecture again.

~SH~

Their finacial reports proved it to be bullsh*t. Their amicus brief to reopen the border proved it. The fact that their Boise and Pasco plants lost more money than Lakeside made proves it but you are the brainwashed packer blamer who simply cannot accept the truth.

Do we eat everything we produce in North America?, when it comes to Beef?

Just because the multinationals are/aren't making money in NA, doesn't mean they didn't lose because of BSE!

We have all lost, and it's going to take a bit of effort to regain what we have lost as an industry. It doesn't matter who lost the most, but that we all lost!

I would wager that we would all like it to get back to normal, where we could "play" a normal market, and concentrate our efforts on making this business profitable for all!

I wonder if John Deere is hoping it would get back to normal, and what their profits were b4 2003!

I guess you're right Murgen. We should all just forgive and forget. But according to SH, there is nothing to forgive. Which way is it for you?

Cargill and Tyson legally raped the producers in Canada, took money from the Canadian Taxpayer, and used part of their loot to expand to the point of 85% of production.

Lets just forgive and forget and get on with it shall we.

I guess you're right Murgen. We should all just forgive and forget. But according to SH, there is nothing to forgive. Which way is it for you?

Cargill and Tyson legally raped the producers in Canada, took money from the Canadian Taxpayer, and used part of their loot to expand to the point of 85% of production.

Yep, let's get on with it!

I would hope that those with the resources have seen where they can make a difference, and adjust accordingly!

If some choose not to forgive, and do what needs to be done to be profitable, is that negative? Negativity sometimes breeds determination, I hope it does!

I hope that being negative towards any one facit of the industry does not negate the fact that we have the best tasting product on the market, and that it does not lower the demand for our product!

Murgen said:

Yep, let's get on with it!

I would hope that those with the resources have seen where they can make a difference, and adjust accordingly!

If some choose not to forgive, and do what needs to be done to be profitable, is that negative? Negativity sometimes breeds determination, I hope it does!

I hope that being negative towards any one facit of the industry does not negate the fact that we have the best tasting product on the market, and that it does not lower the demand for our product!

Before I forgave and forgot, I would do some fixing. Canada got in it's predicament because they couldn't make it with out the US. I'd address that issue so it doesn't resurface. You know the adage about making the same mistake twice....

Sandman: "Before I forgave and forgot, I would do some fixing. Canada got in it's predicament because they couldn't make it with out the US. I'd address that issue so it doesn't resurface. You know the adage about making the same mistake twice...."

What an arrogant statement!

What are you saying Sandman?

Are you saying Canada should not have been so dependent on our feeding industry to market their cattle?

Are you saying Canada shouldn not have been so dependent on our packing industry to slaughter their cattle?

Are you saying they should not have been so dependent on our consumers to sell their beef because they never know when a lying deceptive isolationist outfit like R-CULT might come along and lie about the safety of their beef to stop Canadian imports?

Is that what you are saying?

Explain yourself.

I bet you wont! Your little speach just sounded good on the surface but it carries no weight since you support R-CULT's position of banning Canadian imports.

I'll bet the Canadian producers are sure glad they have you to give them 20/20 hindsight advise for their industry.

~SH~

SH, "Short term only until the competition is doing the same thing and it's back to seeing who can get the cattle bought and still make a profit."

I can show you long term, too.

SH, "Typical conspiracy theorist logic and justification for your twisted beliefs. One large company exposes corruption SO THEY ARE ALL CORRUPT. Yup, shor nuff a student of the Clinton administration Sandman."

ONE company? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It sure is funny how all the companies cited for fraud and proof that big corps are crooked have been prosecuted and are no longer in existance.

Not one person has been able to prove collusion on the part of big oil, big packers or other industries that have commodity transactions.

Back before big companies did anyone ever go broke? Did every wanna be rancher in the 1800's survive? The West was full of oportunity. Hop a wagon and be a rancher. Stake a claim free land. Musta been good huh?

I wonder how many ranches today would survive under the same circumstances. I know I would have issues living like that.

~SH~ said:
Randy Kaiser: "Thank you for proving my point SH. Losses in America to Cargill and Tyson were due to consumer demand and the tight margins associated with that and had nothing to do with a closed border. Therefore Cargills and Tysons excessive gains in Canada could be considered PURE PROFIT."

I said HIGH CATTLE PRICES during the closed border was due to consumer demand and not due to the border being closed NOT PACKER LOSSES. CATTLE PRICES AND PACKER PROFITS OR LOSSES ARE TWO SEPERATE THINGS!

Cargill's Boise and Pasco plants were running at 30% capacity due to a lack of Canadian cattle. Tyson reported "HUGE LOSSES" in those plants in the first and second quarters of FY 2005. How can you assume that their losses had nothing to do with the closed Canadian border?

Give me the "dense" lecture again.

~SH~

SH, I think you would have mad a good auditor at Arthur Anderson for Enron.

Elementary: "SH, I think you would have mad a good auditor at Arthur Anderson for Enron."

If I was as factually void to add to these discussions as you are, I would probably make little statements like this too.

~SH~

Jason said:
It sure is funny how all the companies cited for fraud and proof that big corps are crooked have been prosecuted and are no longer in existance.

Not one person has been able to prove collusion on the part of big oil, big packers or other industries that have commodity transactions.

Back before big companies did anyone ever go broke? Did every wanna be rancher in the 1800's survive? The West was full of oportunity. Hop a wagon and be a rancher. Stake a claim free land. Musta been good huh?

I wonder how many ranches today would survive under the same circumstances. I know I would have issues living like that.

Jason, You are so wrong about all the companies that have been cited for fraud are no longer in existence. There are a lot out there that have not, yet. In all of those cases, the fraud was more than even the company that committed them with their "logical money making schemes" could endure. Let Tyson not have the shield that big political donations, revolving door benefits, and plain old bribery buys them. The frauds they are committing on the market are great and they are not paying the penalties----yet.

Some of us are tired of their antics. We should have a more efficient way of dealing with them than the incompetence in govt. regulatory agencies and the juducial system we have now.

Elementary,

Why are you diverting the questions in my "Question for Elementary Ecomomics" post?

Do you feel the walls closing in?

Let me give you a piece of advise. Don't ever find yourself on a witness stand where you are forced to answer questions because someone who understands these issues will turn you inside out.

~SH~

Econ101 said:
Jason said:

Jason, You are so wrong about all the companies that have been cited for fraud are no longer in existence. There are a lot out there that have not, yet. In all of those cases, the fraud was more than even the company that committed them with their "logical money making schemes" could endure. Let Tyson not have the shield that big political donations, revolving door benefits, and plain old bribery buys them. The frauds they are committing on the market are great and they are not paying the penalties----yet.

Some of us are tired of their antics. We should have a more efficient way of dealing with them than the incompetence in govt. regulatory agencies and the juducial system we have now.

If you have proof Tyson is committing fraud take it to a DA and have them charged.

The gov't is just people. People make mistakes. The gov't will make mistakes. That isn't conspiracy it's life.

Tyson is made up of people. Those people make mistakes too. That isn't conspiracy that's life.

If your position is companies should only be allowed to be so big, be a man and just say it. Quit diverting and putting up innuendo that they are crooked because you are jealous you aren't making the same money as they.

If you want a new form of gov't step up and say it. Maybe it's just you have a complex that only you could run things they way they should be. I have news for you...a higher power might have something to say about that.

I am neutral to governments, I live by whatever laws are imposed or suffer the penalty. Whining about how bad things are is not a productive way to spend time. Looking for boogey men behind every tree ruins a nice walk.

Latest posts