• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Changes you have noticed in your area

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Trinity man

Reaction score
Well my daughter wanted to go see if she could shoot a hog tonight. So my wife, daughter and I went to see if she could shoot one. She missed one her hog but sure put them on the run. But really got me is how dry it is in the river bottom. I can remember when there was no way you could drive around down there in a two wheel drive truck with no mud grips. Most specialty during this time of the year. I know some people blame people for climate change. I don't really know if people has caused it or is the world actually changing. Either way it's changed a lot in my life around here. Areas I used to duck hunt hasn't held water in probably 30-40 years. I haven't even seen or heard ducks around here. Areas behind my house in what we called the flat woods. Stood in water knee deep with Pin oak trees and acorns for all kinds of wildlife to live off of is dry. This area is probably 75+ acres. So I am not talking about small area either. What crazy is I have seen all this change in my life time. The wildlife isn't the same rabbits, raccoons, squirrels, and deer just aren't here live they use to. Tonight we seen 4-5 hogs, one rabbit, and maybe 3 deer. That's just unheard for down here. One other thing I have seen either in the woods is the old rattail vines. They are a solid green smooth vine that grows up into trees. Deer used to love the leaves on know them and they are all gone. When I was at Sam Houston State University I looked for them at the college farm. I looked for them in the woods there but never seen them there. I know one thing the world is changing not sure what's causing it but it is. Who else has seen changes in there area and what changes have you noticed?

Fast Horse I was up in central Iowa a few weeks ago. Had to fly up there to ride with my daughter back home for Christmas. Her truck broke down in KC and had to get it hauled home so I could get it fixed. I got it fixed now. My wife and her with be heading back to Okaloosa Iowa Jan 2. She has to be back early for indoor track season practice. She goes to college at William Penn University.

Fast Horse I was up in central Iowa a few weeks ago. Had to fly up there to ride with my daughter back home for Christmas. Her truck broke down in KC and had to get it hauled home so I could get it fixed. I got it fixed now. My wife and her with be heading back to Okaloosa Iowa Jan 2. She has to be back early for indoor track season practice. She goes to college at William Penn University.
Good for her!
I would have been a mess if my truck would have broken down in KC! We just don't know about heavy traffic. We have trouble with traffic right here in Sheridan WY!! They aren't set up for as many people as there are here now. It is poorly laid out and it can be daunting driving there. Mr. FH avoids it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!🎄🎅

Good for her!
I would have been a mess if my truck would have broken down in KC! We just don't know about heavy traffic. We have trouble with traffic right here in Sheridan WY!! They aren't set up for as many people as there are here now. It is poorly laid out and it can be daunting driving there. Mr. FH avoids it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!🎄🎅
I was riding with a gal from Musselshell when my daughter first went to work over there. We by Billings and we came to a roundabout. It was the first one that gal had ever seen. She was froze at the wheel. What is this and what am I supposed to do?

I was riding with a gal from Musselshell when my daughter first went to work over there. We by Billings and we came to a roundabout. It was the first one that gal had ever seen. She was froze at the wheel. What is this and what am I supposed to do?
We still don't know how to navigate them. They have one at the bottom of the off ramp outside of MIles City, Mt. It freaked us out. Miles City, of all places to have a roundabout. The residents aren't happy about it either. I can't imagine how semi trucks get through them....so tell us how.

Waco Texas had one between Baylor university and a bar. Cops used to sit around it when the bar closed and when someone went around it more than three times they would stop them for dwi test. First time I got on it I think went around that thing 5-6 times. Couldn't figure out which road I needed.

I was over on the coast this summer. They were installing one in the middle of a long straight stretch of Hwy 12. I wonder how many trucks are going to hit that thing at 55 MPH.
We still don't know how to navigate them. They have one at the bottom of the off ramp outside of MIles City, Mt. It freaked us out. Miles City, of all places to have a roundabout. The residents aren't happy about it either. I can't imagine how semi trucks get through them....so tell us how.
The daughter was living out of Miles about 5 years ago. I don't remember a roundabout there. But they were/are roundabout crazy in Olympia so I became accustom to them. I would drive through one without really noticing it. Even with lots of experience with them, I drove over the top of one in Red Lodge last year. I sure wasn't expecting one in Red Lodge.

Latest posts