• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Charlie Daniels

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
The whole family went to Plentywood to the fair last night. Charlie Daniels band was playing. It was good but loud and I would have enjoyed it more if he had sang more from his Marshall Tucker days and Uneasy rider. Huge crowd for PW, I have never seen that many people at the fair.
The local fire works seller put on the fireworks display after the concert. It was really nice except one misfired some how and ended up blowing up under the grandstand burning Tam and my sons girl friends legs right through their jeans and burning a couple of holes in our 4 month old grandson blanket. Colt's OK and and quite enjoyed the concert and fireworks but Tam and Kendra are putting on the Aloe as the burns about the size of a quarter a couple each and nasty.

OUCH!!! That sounds like it was too close for comfort.

I always wonder how those loud concerts affect baby's ears.

Don Williams is going to be in Deadwood on Sept. 1
along with Williams and Ree. Mr. FH doesn't know it yet,
but that's going to be my birthday present from him. :p

My Doctor and her husband headed up there after she finished delivering my latest granddaughter that was born shortly after noon yesterday... She texted back that she was having a great time at the concert...
Now she needs to get back here so she's around when my next granddaughter, who's due to make her appearance in the world anytime now, comes...

Faster horses said:

FH, it sounds like you are getting a great birthday present! I never saw Don Williams in person but always enjoyed his music.

I saw Williams and Ree in Lemmon SD a few years ago. You will not be disappointed!

Watched CharlieDaniels years ago during my college days at the NY state Fair in Syracuse, and Don Williams in Pa. They are two of my favorites. Glad to know they are still appearing - seems like a long time ago when I saw them. :shock: Sorry about the burns, that kind of takes the fun out of it.

Faster horses said:

I was worried about his ears too so I watched and anytime he seem to be uncomfortable I put my hands over his ears to muffle the sound. The only time he was reacting badly to the music was when there was a very long drum solo. Heck it was bothering me, :wink: He didn't cry but just looked stressed so I cover them. I was not sure what the fireworks would do so to be careful I had my hands over his ears when they were going off and when the one blew up under us. He was reacting to anyone speaking to him after we left so I don't think there was any lasting effect. He slept good and was his cheery little self for the rest of the weekend where he was the center of attention :wink: All is good considering.

Latest posts