• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

cheap help

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
going to get the cows and calves up into a big lot at the corrals this afternoon. Got a crew to help sort so we can preg check and vacc . Hope both vets show up one can check at the back of the alley one at the chute. The crew can then sort calves, and I even let my wife pick replacement hiefers. Well break for a hot lunch there at the barns. While we finish Everybody else will haul calves about 4 miles to a scale and when the cows are done the open and culls (minus a hamburger cow)will go over and finish filling one of the trucks.....
hope we done as I bought the crew Baxter Black tickets for the crew....at 7 in town.

Question for our American friends? How many of you do your own preg checking. And if so, what is the local vets opinion of it?

I do my own too, and the vets have never said anything. They all (4 in the clinic) know I do alot of my own vet work. I was a district FFA officer (and went to the prom) with our favorite vet, so have known him for a long time. I started our pre vet in college but the first two years grades weren't very good - too much math and chemistry :p I decided I didn't want to stay and get my masters then try for vet school. I was working for a vet when I met my hubby.

Latest posts