• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Check out this painting!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Lisa made a pair of chaps for a gentleman in the Netherlands. Long story short, he is coming to visit for a couple weeks in May. I am going to drag him to some brandings, and get him to help gather some cows off of the river. :D Little does he know that.
Anyway, his gift to Lisa for inviting him to stay was this picture.

Rob1.jpg

Rob3.jpg

Rob4.jpg

Rob5.jpg

Rob6.jpg

Rob7.jpg

Here is the link to his gallery http://www.robs-artgallery.nl/

and a video he did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE_IsK0qIJ0

Take a look. We might be having a benefit auction, for Cathy Morrison of a personal critter portrait.

That's beautiful. People that have talent like that amaze me. I think that is pretty neat for someone that probably didn't grow up in the lifestyle to have such a grasp on the subject matter. Y'all should be proud of that painting.

JF Ranch said:
Nice painting and a wonderful gift.

Did he do it from a photo of one of your horses?

Yea, we sent him a picture of her "Blue" horse. If you check out his web site, he has done a picture of Lisa, where she is looking back at the calf she is dragging to the fire. I think he told her that he sold that painting for $1300.

Of interest.

Some years ago we lived in Brussels Belgium. Often times, artists from the Netherlands would visit the American areas in Belgium and show their paintings. We have about ten of them in our house now.

Apparently the Dutch government subsidizes beginning artists with a hefty stipend with the understanding that they need to make an effort to market their work. Afther this subsidy runs out, they are on their own.

I doubt that we have any real valuable pictures, but we do enjoy them. They did try to buy one of them back on their last visit so maybe one is worth keeping when we check out.

Jassy said:
That is a beautiful painting and will look great hanging on her wall so she can enjoy it for years!

Thanks! I was wondering what you have been up to. Haven't seen you post much here lately.

Ok, here is the scoop on what we are going to do for a benefit for Cathy Morrison. We are going to have a sealed bed auction for a personalized animal portrait by Rob. The bids will be opened the 19th of August, at the Kadoka SD, bronc contest. The starting bid is $300, the portrait is valued at $1000.

Here is a picture of Rob and a picture he painted of Lisa.

ROb008-Copy.jpg

If any of you want to make a bid, PM me or go to Lisa's website.

Latest posts