• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

chili supper / silent auction

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Well, we've got some wonderful donations from local businesses for our Chili Supper/Silent Auction tomorrow night. I have so far cooked 31 lbs of ground meat for the chili. Will be puttin the rest of it together tomorrow. Along with a couple cakes and a nanner puddin for desert. So ar they have sold about 75 tickets. Small community of only about 300 so that's a good turn out. And the weather is definately chili weather. :lol:

I thought I'd donate a couple painted end tables, been paintin on em for a couple days, finished em this mornin.

Here's before and after pics......Lil Lilly now has decided she wants em in her bedroom for nightstands I think LOL

2005-12-06-001.jpg

2005-12-06-013.jpg

Nice painting, LB. The latter photograph shows stuff that could be sold at some ritzy antique shop, while the previous one looks like the footstool crammed into the corner of my garage. Good job.

They is cute end tables, Lilly.

Now I hate to bring this up, but...
If this is for the kids to earn money for a trip, all we have heard about
on here is what the parents are doing. What are the kids doing for money? Seems like it is always the parents who get the work and that's not the way it should be, IMO.

You just don't appreciate things as much if you don't hafta work for it.

The kids have had two meat sales, and a fruit sale, also cookies in a jar, and sold the tickets for the chili supper, I dont know of one kid in the ag mech class that has their own car, so that would make it difficult for them to go out and ask for donations, since it's 26 miles one way to a decent sized town, and 25 miles to the other one. They will be puttin all the ingredients together in the jar cookies next week, that was a stipulation, if they sell em they hafta assemble them. Our lil town only has three businesses (two mom n pop grocery stores that refuse to participate and one feed store that helps as much as they can) The kids will be serving at the supper too. Their class time at school is taken up with working on all the projects. Some even ask other teachers when they are through with their work if they can go back out to the Ag shop and continue working.
Mr Lilly and I were talking about the highschool that we both went to, neither one of us could recall having to have any kind of fundraisers whatsoever. but it was a big school, guess they had more money in the budget than we have here. I've really enjoyed workin with these kids, I've learned somethin, ( that I already knew to a certain extent ) TOO Many parent's dont take the time to find out what their kids are involved in at school, or take any interest in it at all. I think that's a shame. They have made some awsome projects, and their parents will never know because they won't take the time to stop by the school and see them.

Here is an idea for the kids to make. Have them do a memory book to show their parents. I know alot have to work and and dont have time during the day to get to the school. That way the parents can see what the kids are doing and you might get a better turn out in funds and support.
Have you also contacted any business in the bigger cities close to you? I know my kids Grandfather was contacted by a group from Ok City. He sent enough to send 3 of them on their trip and all the entry fees for this coming year.
Ok I keep saying YOU sorry this NEEDS to be the kids contacting the business........YES they can write and call. That is WHY the OK City group received what they did From Larry.

Woo Hoo!!!! It was a great success!!! Had a wonderful turnout, and the weather was definately "chili weather". the kids set up all the items for the auction, and served in the food line. We raised somewhere right around $1100.00.
Most of them went home after school and baked a desert to bring back.
Was sure some good stuff there.

Haha Tibbs, I dont' go thru Midland on my way home. Tables sold to one of Mr Lilly's aunts, she's givin em to her daughter for Christmas. So to keep em hid, she asked if I'd bring em back home until then.
Not goin home for Christmas this year tho. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas at home with your family.

Latest posts