• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Chiropracters and Shoulder Pain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Several months ago we were discussing shoulder pain and the relationship to the spine-- Because of my problems with a shoulder that I could not even lift sometimes to comb my hair- my doctors were suggesting MRI's, scopes, and surgery-- I had my back checked the last time I was at the chiropracter a couple of months ago... He found I had a vertabrae between my shoulder blades out of place, and he felt that that along with arthritis may be causing my problem--two treatments later and my shoulder began to feel better.. Then as time went on I regained more movement and less pain until today when I went back to have it checked on a followup, I can move it every way and experience little or no pain.... I don't know if it was the vertabrae or just the warm weather, but it is 90% better-- And 3 visits to the chiropracter was a lot cheaper than surgery......

I"mma firm believer in chiropractors....have had back problems all my life...from birth..and chiropractors are wonderful ....I gripe about the cost..but I agree..lots cheaper than surgery.

What a blessing to not have the surgery! Congratulations on your improved range of motion Oldtimer. We wanta see a picture of you hanging out the wash soo :) n.
On the flip side, it is wonderful living in this century when, if a tendon tears at the shoulder, you can have it reattached with a few tiny incisions as I just did last month AND see the photos taken through the 'scope IN COLOR! I'll race you to that wash line, OT!

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
I"mma firm believer in chiropractors....have had back problems all my life...from birth..and chiropractors are wonderful ....I gripe about the cost..but I agree..lots cheaper than surgery.

My chiropractor charges $27.00 per visit and you get results.Doctors favorite line is "well lets try this and if it doesnt work come back to see me"what a crock...all the while the meters running...

OT. Had the same thing happen to me. Fell off my colt last year, and couldn't raise my arm. I too seen the chiropractor and am a new women. Only recoommendation I can give is a masseur or masseuse once a month and you'll be feeling like a million bucks.......

la4angus said:
nr said:
We wanta see a picture of you hanging out the wash soo :) n.

Oldtimer never said it felt that good. Only about 90% better.

la4angus- you are right- Not sure I'll ever get to feeling that good. :lol:

katrina said:
OT. Had the same thing happen to me. Fell off my colt last year, and couldn't raise my arm. I too seen the chiropractor and am a new women. Only recoommendation I can give is a masseur or masseuse once a month and you'll be feeling like a million bucks.......

Tssk! Tssk! You horse people are always getting hurt it seems. :wink: (now ducking for cover) :D

My sister and her husband are both chiropractors (as well as bodybuilders, especially my sis -OMG!) in the Denver area. They've done excellent work for our family (I'm a little biased admittedly).

Latest posts