• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Christmas shopping for the husband....ARRGHH!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
Spent all day looking, and basically came home empty-handed. I only have $100 or less to spend because we're going halves on a digital camera......in January!!!! We went and looked today but did not buy because we can't get what we want because they're sold out everywhere. Next year sounds like a whole lot better to shop anyways, less people, less stress. Anyways.......HELP! Need ideas people!

Shelly,

How 'bout a photo printer? I haven't priced any lately, I sure love ours as we print out our digital pics and they look as if they were developed! We made some nice gifts to our parents this year by printing pics and putting them in a framed collage. Cheapens up the gift-giving and the collages are priceless! We also enlarge pics and frame them in 8X10 and they also make great gifts. Just a thought. Good luck,

Hanta Yo

how bout a new pitch fork...... would'nt every husband love that.... :)

How bout a satellite radio? Thats what Im hoping for.... :D

got the hubby a handmade leather belt one year that says "daddy" across the back.....that was 10 years ago and it is still in excellent shape....another suggestion would be a new work coat...or dress coat (for those "special" occassions :wink: ).....or (if he reads alot, like my hubby) a gift card to a book store or music store...what about tools? I have yet to meet a man who says he has enough power tools! :roll: I also agree with the satellite radio suggestion...sure makes the hours on a tractor go by a little smoother! :D

I love my satellite radio. Wouldn't trade it for anything. It is XM and now my husband has satellite radio in his pickup, but it is Sirrus. I don't care for the programming nearly as much as XM.

Does anyone else feel this way? Which is your favorite?

Faster horses said:
I love my satellite radio. Wouldn't trade it for anything. It is XM and now my husband has satellite radio in his pickup, but it is Sirrus. I don't care for the programming nearly as much as XM.

Does anyone else feel this way? Which is your favorite?

the hubby has XM and it is always on channel 13....Hank's Place!!! :D

Yep, and Sirrus doesn't have Hanks Place!!! One point against it.

I have mine set to 4 channels: Hanks Place; America; Ask! and American Right.

None of which are available on Sirrus.

There is a Sirrus channel called Outlaw Country, and I tell you, the language on there should NOT be allowed on the radio. It is very degrading, filthy, and just generally BAD. I couldn't believe what I heard the first time...and there won't be a second. That kind of stuff is totally uncalled for.

Come to think about it, I just heard they are putting the Howard Stern show on Sirrus. BARF!!!!!!

The subscription is free for a year, and I bet we don't renew it...Howard Stern...oh my goodness! :mad:

Shelly, Get him a "GREAT BIG CALENDAR" with all Birthdays, Important dates, and ANNIVERSARIES written in the appropriate places.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Mike said:
Shelly, Get him a "GREAT BIG CALENDAR" with all Birthdays, Important dates, and ANNIVERSARIES written in the appropriate places.

I thought Mike would say and a bottle of Tangle Ridge.

No BMR, she should send that to me! :wink:

What ever you get him don'y get it till the 26th on christmas just forget all about it a day late should'nt bother him..

I dont care what I get as long as it's tax deductable.

Mr.TTB is getting a new Carhart vest, if I can find one to fit him--need a large/tall--should've started sooner I guess!!!

Shelly, another thought, if your hubby is a Cattle/Purebred Nut like mine, why not get him some semen from his favorite bull. I've thought about doing this a couple of times--

And, of course, at our house, Crown or Boones Farm wine (how 'bout that--expensive to dead ass cheap!) are always welcome too!

Last year I got him a nice "going to town" down vest and we shared our little Corgi pup, who's now a little Corgi dog Holly--

Great ideas...keep 'em coming--I always need some ideas!!!

Christmas Cheers :santa:

TTB

Shelly , your man sounds like a no nonsense man that has what ever he wants. I doubt you can wow him with a gift. Why don't you sit down for an hour or two and write him a letter telling him how much he means to you... Throw in some cheap bottle of aftershave , etc. I think it'll do the trick. It would for me.

I enjoy satallite radio more than I ever thought I would. My pickup came with Sirrus, but I didn't extend it after the 30 days free. But the Suburban came with MX and we like it a lot. The Bose sound also helps I guess.
Save the mushy letter for Valentines day. Usually the sap is starting to rise by then.

Well, I've come up with an idea. Since he has that shiny, new truck, I'm going to buy a duffle bag and stuff it full of tools that he can throw under the back seat. Then when and if the truck ever breaks down on the side of the road, he can attempt to fix it himself.
Loved some of your ideas, though. Maybe next year......if he's good! Thanks everyone for the suggestions and the laughs.

Geez Turkey Track Bar had a good idea especially since she knows a poor starving A.I. tech who could use the business-heck I'd of even installed it lol.

Latest posts