• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Circle D vs: Titan

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
The kids are looking at a used Titan, 2011 pretty decent or a new Circle D for near the same $. I am not very good advice on this, but know some of you are. Whatcha think??

Have no experience with the trailers. I know you couldn't give me a Circle D pickup flatbed. Had one. Never again.

Titan seems to be the popular brand of stock trailer in these parts. FWIW.

Titan I'm embarrassed to say I once owned a Circle D. They're a cheaply made trailer....the Yugo of trailers. From TIME magazines "50 worst cars": Malcolm Bricklin wouldn't be satisfied until he had forced every American to walk to work. To that end, in 1985, he began importing the Yugo GV, which turned out to be the Mona Lisa of bad cars. Built in Soviet-bloc Yugoslavia, the Yugo had the distinct feeling of something assembled at gunpoint. Interestingly, in a car where "carpet" was listed as a standard feature, the Yugo had a rear-window defroster — reportedly to keep your hands warm while you pushed it.

DejaVu said:
Titan I'm embarrassed to say I once owned a Circle D. They're a cheaply made trailer....the Yugo of trailers. From TIME magazines "50 worst cars": Malcolm Bricklin wouldn't be satisfied until he had forced every American to walk to work. To that end, in 1985, he began importing the Yugo GV, which turned out to be the Mona Lisa of bad cars. Built in Soviet-bloc Yugoslavia, the Yugo had the distinct feeling of something assembled at gunpoint. Interestingly, in a car where "carpet" was listed as a standard feature, the Yugo had a rear-window defroster — reportedly to keep your hands warm while you pushed it.

That last line is generally saved for ford rear bumpers around here. Lmao

Plenty of titans around us. Never heard any complaints. Not sure how many circle D there are only seen a couple ever. What ever happened to diamond D anyway? We had a diamond D hog trailer was about a 90 model. Dad made me wash it out after every time he used it. My cousins still have it. Only rust is in the escape door. Are they the same changed owners?

Reminds me of the old saying about Chevy 454 engines. GM decided to quit putting on spin on oils filters. They were going to a spin on engine because they would only last for about a scheduled oil change. Then there was the dilemma about whether "freakin Chevy" was one word or two

3M L & C, I found this:
In October 1995, Featherlite acquired the assets of Diamond D Trailer Manufacturing, a nationally recognized steel trailer manufacturer in Shenandoah, Iowa, in order to provide customers and dealers with a high quality, but less expensive alternative to all-aluminum trailer models. The acquisition included Diamond's 117,000-square-foot facility and added 75 Diamond D dealers to Featherlite's distribution system, while further augmenting the workforce by 985 employees. The innovative leader in the steel trailer industry, Diamond D trailers were designed to insure maximum structural integrity and cosmetic longevity while maintaining affordability to discriminating consumers.

Circle D's are made at Hillsboro, Ks. They offer a back door that doesn't latch securely and an optional 'rust package' at no extra charge.

DejaVu said:
3M L & C, I found this:
In October 1995, Featherlite acquired the assets of Diamond D Trailer Manufacturing, a nationally recognized steel trailer manufacturer in Shenandoah, Iowa, in order to provide customers and dealers with a high quality, but less expensive alternative to all-aluminum trailer models. The acquisition included Diamond's 117,000-square-foot facility and added 75 Diamond D dealers to Featherlite's distribution system, while further augmenting the workforce by 985 employees. The innovative leader in the steel trailer industry, Diamond D trailers were designed to insure maximum structural integrity and cosmetic longevity while maintaining affordability to discriminating consumers.

Circle D's are made at Hillsboro, Ks. They offer a back door that doesn't latch securely and an optional 'rust package' at no extra charge.

Friend of mine from Salina area has one, they come from the factory with a chain for the end gate because even they know their latches suck.

Jake said:
DejaVu said:
3M L & C, I found this:

Friend of mine from Salina area has one, they come from the factory with a chain for the end gate because even they know their latches suck.

Featherlite basically ruined the Diamond D Trailers you see any around now days. Nope. Circle D is a different company all together. Featherlite got into the steel trailer business with Econolite which was a S&H they were a P.O.S.

23 years ago, I spent the winter welding at Circle D..... there is NO WAY that I would ever own one. they cut every corner imaginable, and have little pride in their work. with in 10 mile there is Circle D, Hillsboro, and Donahue..... each a set of crooks in their own way.
I have a Titan, and LOVE it.

I was informed by a trooper in tx that a trailer gate had to have a safety chain on it. He said to get one in the next town would be alright.

Latest posts