• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Clarence and Bob M.'s talents--Deadwood

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Turkey Track Bar

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!!

One thing everyone missed out on in Deadwood are the books written by Clarence and Bob M. Such a compliation of knowledge.

I didn't get to look at Bob M's book as much as I wanted, but the hubby and I spent a great deal of time looking at Clarence's range plant's book (I hope I correctly described Clarence!) That should be a reference text for the range and agronomy classes at all Ag. Universities.

Both of these gentlemen have a huge wealth of knowledge, I'm just glad that they have taken the time to put it all together for future generations to use!!!

It was truly a please to meet you both---

Turkey Track Bar

PS Bob M., if you're having a tough time "copying and pasting" from Microsoft word into Ranchers, let me know and I'll try and give you better directions---sometimes I'm "clear as mud!"

Yes, TTB, I looked through Clarence's book on grasses, and Bob M's photo album. A lot of info and history contained in those that a person could not find anywhere else at any price. BTW, Happy Birthday, TTB! Somehow I didn't catch it was your bday that day, same as Hanta Yo's???

John SD said:
Yes, TTB, I looked through Clarence's book on grasses, and Bob M's photo album. A lot of info and history contained in those that a person could not find anywhere else at any price. BTW, Happy Birthday, TTB! Somehow I didn't catch it was your bday that day, same as Hanta Yo's???

John, yes, Hanta Yo and I share the same birthday--Sept. 2! I am so lucky to share my birthday with such a neat person. I hope Hanta Yo had as good of a birthday as I did.

Thanks for asking, and have a great day. Looks like it'll be another 100+ degree day in North Central SD.

I am watching more of the distruction in the "gulf" and I am ever so thankful for living here--100 degrees or not, it's a million times better than what the folks along the Gulf Coast are dealing with.

Cheers-

TTB

TTB: I would very much appreciate written directions on how to copy and paste from Microsoft Word to Ranchers Net. Others on the network might also be needing the same information. My address is [email protected] if you want to send it direct. I write a weekly column for two or three papers. If there is an easy way I might also put some that might be of interest on Ranchers Net. The Deadwood get-together was very much enjoyed and appreciated. I hope it was the first of many!

BobM

BobM,
We can show you how to copy and paste tomorrow night unless Soapweed beats us to it!

Bob M said:
TTB: I would very much appreciate written directions on how to copy and paste from Microsoft Word to Ranchers Net. Others on the network might also be needing the same information. My address is [email protected] if you want to send it direct. I write a weekly column for two or three papers. If there is an easy way I might also put some that might be of interest on Ranchers Net. The Deadwood get-together was very much enjoyed and appreciated. I hope it was the first of many!

BobM

Hi Bob M:

I don't know if Soapweed, Mrs. Soapweed, or nr has beaten me to the punch yet or not---sorry I'm a little slow-we've been very busy---seems like I'm running crazy, like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

So, here's my instructions---hope they work!!!

There are two ways to "Copy and Paste".

For me the way I relayed in Deadwood, what I call the "highlight and right click" method is easiest, but if you have arthritis in your fingers and/or hands it might be the hardest!!!

Highlight and Right Click method:

1. Highlight all of the text you want to copy.
2. While the text is highlighted, right click (don't left click in between or all of your highlighted material will be "unhighlighted.") As well you must right click over the highlighted material, or else the material will become unhighlighted.
3. When you right click a menu will come up. Included on that menu list are a number of items including, "cut," "copy," and "paste."
4. So, you will want to left click on "copy"
5. Go to where you want to "paste" your material into. Left click on the mouse where you want to insert that material.
6. Right click, the select "paste" and your material should appear.

The other method, "Highlight and Edit Menu" might be easier if you have pain in your fingers and/hands.

"Highlight and Edit" Method of copy and paste
1. Highlight all of the text you want to copy.
2. While that is highlighted, go to the "Edit" menu at the top of the screen.
3. When you click on the "edit" menu a list of options should come up, including: "cut;" "copy;" and "paste". (As well one of my favorite buttons, "undo" is found in this menu.) To copy, select the "copy" option.
4. Go to where you want to "paste" your material into. Left click on the mouse where you want to insert that material.
5. Click on the "edit" menu at the top of the screen and then select "paste" and your material should appear.

I hope this helps!!!

Have a great day,

Turkey Track Bar

Thanks TTB, I printed the directions out so I will have to practice to get it right. I too didn't know how to copy and paste and the boy doesn't teach me. I think he feels it is easier to do it himself when I absolutely need something done than to try teach an "old dog new tricks". Have a good day.

I want to tell Clarence that I really missed looking at his book. I was waiting my turn to look at it and then the party was breaking up so I missed out. Clarence, I hope our paths cross again sometime so I can look at what you have put together. I enjoyed looking at the family book of Bob M.'s and I know it holds lots of memories. Hat's off to both of you. You are exceptional men of ranchers.net :!:

Turkey Track Bar:

You may have noticed I sent Friends and Fancies #101 to Ranch Talk. Soapweed exposed me to his method, highlighting what you want to transfer, pushing down the ctrl and c key at the same time then the minus key up in the right top corner, then go to Ranch Talk and press the ctrl key and V at the same time. It worked but when I pushed the preview about 6 ccpies came one right after another. That happened again. I finally had to highlight all but one copy and press the backspace key to eliminate the excess. I am going to try your first method, using the right button on the mouse, next time.

I appreciate your information. I will, after three more weeks, have another year and will probably put out another Friends and Fancies book. If I do I'll plan to send you one. Thankyou, TTB!

BobM

Latest posts