• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Clarence....Barn pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
Clarence, I know how you like barn pictures. Here is our barn, you must come and see the endside as the arches are of curved wood..... Really neat.

100_0946.jpg

We got socked with a foot of snow and rain so no electricity for awhile...

100_0945.jpg

Another picture, I just stepped out of our south door to snap this one.

Katrina:

I will copy those barn pictures, sometime I will get back to getting at putting those barn pictures in a book. I started one a long time ago but never got it all finished. I am putting other things in it too. grain elevators, a few houses etc. I want to put the old bank vault picture from the old town of Carter, and that hill east of Carter that was once a landmark for the freighers who hauled from the Missouri river to Rosebud.
Heck, I may as well say it, They called it Big Tit Hill! I have slide pictures somewhere of the old hotel and drug store, that once stood there, I don't think I have a way to copy them, they may not be to good as the old Kodachrone film back then wasn't to good. I do have pictures of the steps that were the entrance of the bank on the NW corner.

My dad, MY brother, and I helped build a barn with curved rafters like that. They were called Rilco Rafters, This was built with cement blocks about 7 feet than the rafters. I don't remember if I helped much with the building but do remember wireing it.

Clarence, if you have a digital camera....just set up your slide projector, and then take pictures with the digital. I did it with all my folks old slides (some 500 pictures) a couple years ago, and put them on disk for the whole family. Worked great!!!!

Clarencen said:
Katrina:

I will copy those barn pictures, sometime I will get back to getting at putting those barn pictures in a book. I started one a long time ago but never got it all finished. I am putting other things in it too. grain elevators, a few houses etc. I want to put the old bank vault picture from the old town of Carter, and that hill east of Carter that was once a landmark for the freighers who hauled from the Missouri river to Rosebud.
Heck, I may as well say it, They called it Big Tit Hill! I have slide pictures somewhere of the old hotel and drug store, that once stood there, I don't think I have a way to copy them, they may not be to good as the old Kodachrone film back then wasn't to good. I do have pictures of the steps that were the entrance of the bank on the NW corner.

My dad, MY brother, and I helped build a barn with curved rafters like that. They were called Rilco Rafters, This was built with cement blocks about 7 feet than the rafters. I don't remember if I helped much with the building but do remember wireing it.

Geez Katrina if you hadn't kept that little seceret hid from Jigs he would have been up to visit you a long time ago. :wink: :D

What is the name for that style barn? We don't see them around here.

Around here they refer to buildings shapped like that as Quonset ({Gosh, i know that is not how it is spelled but...).. Most are stee though so I don't know if that counts..

Hey katrina, that's a neat old barn! But do you know what you really, really need to go with it?? Milk Cows!

Try singing this to the tune of "These Boots Are Made For Walking".

That barn is made for milking
and that's what katrina should do
get a couple Holstiens
and a butter churn or two...

:D

Hey katrina, that's a neat old barn! But do you know what you really, really need to go with it?? Milk Cows!

Try singing this to the tune of "These Boots Are Made For Walking".

That barn is made for milking
and that's what katrina should do
get a couple Holstiens
and a butter churn or two...

Cal,
ON the east side of the barn there is two walk through doors and there was a stanchion and cement gutter to milk cows....... We tore them out......Hubby has already been there done that.. You should see him milk a cow.. Can make a 8 inch froth on the bucket and be done in a blink of an eye.....Just amazes me......

katrina said:
You should see him milk a cow.. Can make a 8 inch froth on the bucket and be done in a blink of an eye.....Just amazes me......

uhhhhh............ I think I will just leave that one alone. it is way too east, and it could get real ugly!

jigs said:
katrina said:
You should see him milk a cow.. Can make a 8 inch froth on the bucket and be done in a blink of an eye.....Just amazes me......

uhhhhh............ I think I will just leave that one alone. it is way too east, and it could get real ugly!

Put a Mark on the WALL :!: I never thought i would see Jigs back away from anything. :shock:

Latest posts