• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Clean-up

Help Support Ranchers.net:

bgc

Reaction score
Yesterday I sold some cull cows and some cleanup calves that were born late and were too small to sell earlier in the year. The 12 open cows averaged 1106 and brought 67 cents. They were in fair flesh and didnt have anything wrong with them, they were just open. The calves were just some late born calves out of both heifers and cows that just didnt grow enough to sell earlier. The 15 calves averaged 425 and brought $1.86. I watched some of my neighbors calves that were real light weights (315) that brought 2.02 as well. They didnt top the market or anything but they sure sold good for being culls.

I sold some yearling steers today that averaged 615#, average price of
$165.66 or $1,019.35 per head. Seemed like a good price for a yearling steer. Heifers from the same group weighed 608, average price of $138.53 or $842.24 per head. Just wish I'd had lots more!

Joplin sold some calves Monday that weighed 350 and brought $800 a hd and a set that weighed 404 (I think) that brought $2.20cwt.

Latest posts