• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Clouds and Hay

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Our son brought our bale wrapper back from his place on Aug 13, an old post pounder at the Morrison Meadow place looked like a good backhaul to him.
P8130548.jpg

Chaining down and avoiding his mother and the camera.
P8130549.jpg

A hail storm that missed us and left an inch of BB sized pellets at the neighbor's. We got a shower shortly after so moved some cattle and repair a little fence that day.
P8130550.jpg

High Cotton, the left side is too wet to cut yet.
P8150551.jpg

Our Native neighbor is getting a few bales made too. His old Case 1410 blows a little blue smoke.
P8150552.jpg

One field completely finished.
P8150554.jpg

Finished this field yesterday.
P8150555.jpg

How crop circles are made.
P8160556.jpg

Clouds to the east.
P8160557.jpg

Clouds to the west.
P8160558.jpg

More to the south.
P8160559.jpg

Rained this morning and kept us out of the field, forecast is a few good days now.

It's good that you can finally get some hay baled. There appears to be plenty of volume, to make the process worthwhile. Hope the winter snows don't catch you before you are done. :wink:

I saw a prototype microwave hay dryer several years ago. I think that is what you need there.

Big Muddy rancher said:
What's on the edge of the finished field? :???:

Looks like a oil pan with some twine on top. :D

:D

Don't you recognize a leaverite when you see one? :lol: It is a catch all for garbage and broken parts until we take it to the truck for it's final journey.

Soap, we have baled "hay" with snow on the windrows before.

per, an underground heating systen that would dry the ground would work just as good. :D

gcreekrch said:
[
per, an underground heating systen that would dry the ground would work just as good. :D

they have one in Texas, that I am sure they would LOVE to give you!!!

is that a 6000 series Deere? local dealer has a 6410 that I get to use while they repair my 7800... wondering how high the loader goes....

jigs said:
gcreekrch said:
[

they have one in Texas, that I am sure they would LOVE to give you!!!

is that a 6000 series Deere? local dealer has a 6410 that I get to use while they repair my 7800... wondering how high the loader goes....

Our 6410 has probably a foot shorter lift than the 7400 or 7200. I can't reach the far side top bale when unloading 5x6 bales from haytrucks. The shuttle shift in the 6410 makes it faster when doing jobs like cleaning pens and hauling hay but it has been sort of a lemon mechanically. The 00 series tractors were the last good tractors the Deere built IMO.

Sure looks good down there gcreek. I'm amazed that meadow foxtail still looks so good and green. I'm guessing you'll have a good start on feed for the winter of '12-'13.

We just finished a place today got stuck 7 times for the last 30 bales what a bugger. Ended up with a 162 6x5 bales off 47 acres. Next stop is a DNR lease then into the meadows water unwilling.

Latest posts