• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

COF report

Help Support Ranchers.net:

redrobin said:
Black Out said:
redrobin said:
United States Cattle on Feed Down 6 Percent

Cattle and calves on feed for slaughter market in the United States for
feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head totaled 11.1 million head on
February 1, 2013. The inventory was 6 percent below February 1, 2012.
So Redrobin when should I market my yearlings ?

January :lol:
You're the marketing king. You tell me when to sell mine.
January would be best. I think we missed the boat. For now. :D :D

Black Out said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Black Out said:
Both Probably 700 pounders to 550 pounders it was really down here this week we were supposed to sell two loads of steers but with the weather forecast we decided to pull them from the sale we were glad we did.

You would think the areas that got good moisture might be wanting grassers more now. This darn political mess also messes with the markets. :?
BMR do you still have your calves ?

Yep we grass the steers until September and breed a big bunch of the Hfrs for 30 day and we sell the bottom end of the hfrs that we don't breed in late March early April into the grass market.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Black Out said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
You would think the areas that got good moisture might be wanting grassers more now. This darn political mess also messes with the markets. :?
BMR do you still have your calves ?

Yep we grass the steers until September and breed a big bunch of the Hfrs for 30 day and we sell the bottom end of the hfrs that we don't breed in late March early April into the grass market.
I wish we had enough grass to what you are doing but if it doesn't rain a bunch of our cows will be heading to the salebarn.

Number of Cattle on Feed, Placements, Marketings, and Other Disappearance on
1,000+ Capacity Feedlots - United States: May 1, 2013 and 2014
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
: Number : Percent of
Item :---------------------------:
: 2013 : 2014 :previous year
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
: ---- 1,000 head ---- percent
:
On feed April 1 ........................: 10,924 10,873 100
Placed on feed during April ............: 1,720 1,636 95
Fed cattle marketed during April .......: 1,815 1,778 98
Other disappearance during April .......: 69 83 120
On feed May 1 ..........................: 10,760 10,648 99
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest posts