• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cold day photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Frostytreeze.jpg

Frosty treeze
Iwonderaboutwinterland.jpg

I wonder about winter land
Lookingwest-1.jpg

Looking west
Polarpooches.jpg

Polar pooches
PuggingnosesEskimostyle.jpg

Pugging noses, Eskimo style
Mommasbeforetoolong.jpg

Hard to get started in the early morning cold
Grouseuphighinthetreetops.jpg

Grouse up high in the treetops
Justsomeofthegirls-1.jpg

Just some of the girls
Ifyouitchscratch.jpg

Scratching where it itches
Newfencewegotdonejustintime.jpg

New fence we got done just in time
Closerupviewofthenewfence.jpg

Closer up view of the new fence
Poniesinrepose.jpg

Ponies in repose
Shiftingwhisperingsnow.jpg

Nature's snow sculpture
Thegloryofawindmillandanelevenfoott.jpg

The glory of a windmill and an eleven-foot tank, way below zero and still no ice to pitch :)
Sentinelonthehill.jpg

Sentinel on the hill
Itsarushrushingtotherushes.jpg

Ruminant rush rushing to relish rushes :? :???: :wink:

That even looks cold...Never did get above zero here today--temp is 2 below and snowing now--- Polaski on his noonday weather said the bottom could go out of the thermometers in NE Montana tonight-- 20 to 30 Below...I know where the -30 he's talking about will be- right here in our valley where it always is :roll: :wink: :lol:

I need to haul a couple old bred cows to the stockyards tomorrow for the stockcow sale on Thurs...Be a little chilly it sounds...

But the chinooks are supposed to move in starting Thursday- and maybe be in the 30's and 40's by the weekend.....

cowboyup said:
Cool pictures Soapweed, hope Mother Nature Gets it out of her system before you start calving.

It hasn't. We have officially started. The first new calf arrived a couple hours ago, and two heifers are starting. The night man showed up this week-end, and tonight is his second night on the job for this year.

Oldtimer said:
That even looks cold...Never did get above zero here today--temp is 2 below and snowing now--- Polaski on his noonday weather said the bottom could go out of the thermometers in NE Montana tonight-- 20 to 30 Below...I know where the -30 he's talking about will be- right here in our valley where it always is :roll: :wink: :lol:

I need to haul a couple old bred cows to the stockyards tomorrow for the stockcow sale on Thurs...Be a little chilly it sounds...

But the chinooks are supposed to move in starting Thursday- and maybe be in the 30's and 40's by the weekend.....

The chinooks sound good to me. It is already 21 below zero as I am typing this.

Soapweed said:
cowboyup said:
Cool pictures Soapweed, hope Mother Nature Gets it out of her system before you start calving.

It hasn't. We have officially started. The first new calf arrived a couple hours ago, and two heifers are starting. The night man showed up this week-end, and tonight is his second night on the job for this year.

Oldtimer said:

The chinooks sound good to me. It is already 21 below zero as I am typing this.
Thermometer out to the corral was down to 20 below tonight. Heifers started a couple days ago, so almost sort of living with them until it warms up a little. 4 sets of twins right off the bat but only resulted in 6 live calves...hope they got that out of their system. Kind of glad the cows don't start for almost another month. Soap, how much would you take for your night calver. :wink:

I'm not supposed to have any calves for over a month still-- and I hope those old gals all keep their legs crossed for awhile anyway...

27 Below this morning-- NE wind and windchill of about 40 Below...Sky is clear so maybe the sun will come out-- but they are predicting a high of only 4 Below.....

Great pictures Soapweed. Might have yourself a dogsled team then those pups get bigger. Boy this global warming thing is freezing the heck out of things. Good luck calving, should be warmer in a couple of days. :wink:

cowboyup said:

LOL...that has been the conversation in this household for days...and since the heifers start any day...it don't look to promising. Despite the cold cold temps, Mother nature sure can paint a pretty frost...I like the fenceline shot Soapweed...thanks.

Latest posts