• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

cold,

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Grandpa watching kids, Sue let tractor run in the shop for over 1/2 hour. pulled out the door and wind hit the left side with fuel filter and lines, and it started to gel, was only -26F with wind chill of -52, don't tell me wind chill doesn't affect a machine. Stright #1 and power service..... appointment 60 miles away in town this afternoon to get checked up and staples out. Oh, Sue and Tenny loaded a wagon with round bales yesterday. They are using gas pickup and a tow strap and pulling out a few and unrolling them down a slight slope.

We had a high of -28F and a brisk wind yesterday. The weatherman was talking about a -60 wind chill! The stock tanks froze back over almost as fast as we could chop the ice. Those new fangled computer controlled rigs that you can't plug in are sure dicy to get started in this kind of weather! Don't ask how I know! Yesterday, my wife had me drive her in to work, then I watched the grandkids while my son fed the cows. Our cows are Salers cross, use to the cold and are well haired up so they seem to be coping pretty well. There will likely be pretty high demand for bulls after folks semen test next spring though! I kept the woodstove roaring and our house was cozy but a lot of folks had their pipes freeze and their furnaces weren't keeping up very well. Today, it is a balmy -19F and the sun is shining! They are forecasting highs in the +40's by Christmas.

Latest posts