• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cole Creek Angus Sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Neither my son or I made it this year to the Cole Creek Angus sale yesterday-- but it sounds like they had a hot sale...The sale averaged $5100.00 on the bulls and $2550.00 on the heifers...
I sure wish I would have picked up some more of those good heifers before they were discovered by the rest of the world.. :wink:

Tag# $

106 27,500 Double bred Quantum sired by the "Cedar" bull CH Quantum 6247 X CH Quantum 3330
142 13,000 Double bred Encore--Cedar Ridge 1V X HBR Encore 0544
147 19,500 Goldmere 70V X HBR Encore 0544
247 11,000 Double bred Goldmere--Goldmere 70V X Goldmere 31N
120 8,500 Double bred Encore-- Cedar Ridge 1V X HBR Encore 0544

Top selling heifer was #26 at $5000. She was a Black Cedar 46P daughter of Cole Creek Eileen Pride 1259P- which is an Inciter 253 daughter..

I was at a sale yesterday that had 3 Black Cedar sons sell. $4,200, $3,500 and $3,300. I liked the cheapest bull the best, I think he had the best hair, the others look a bit slick. They are a little different looking bulls, they were thick and deep , maybe just extra easy fleshing. I don't know but I did chase one to $3,300. I liked the GDAR Insight sons the one I had picked sold for $5,000 but bought a grandson son of HA Image maker. I didn't think I would like them as much as I did. Had the auctioneer and ringman worried as he was the last bull in the sale only for the fact that the two youngest bulls in the sale got pulled forward in the sale order to 5 and 6. Top bull sold for $15,500 a Beverly Hill Visa son. That Beverly hills Visa bull was raised by a fellow by the name of Hillbilly that used to post here. :D

BMR, I hope you like that Imagemaker better than I do.
The sons I have seen were really hard-doing.
You'll have to keep us informed of how he does. I'll be curious to
know. Being a grandson should help. :p I do know they are
definitely heifer bulls.

Faster horses said:
BMR, I hope you like that Imagemaker better than I do.
The sons I have seen were really hard-doing.
You'll have to keep us informed of how he does. I'll be curious to
know. Being a grandson should help. :p I do know they are
definitely heifer bulls.

I had the same concerns, I had looked hard at the other lines but seeing them in person I liked them. At least the one I bought. He came out of some fairly tough country similar to ours. He has 3 pretty good sires in his bloodlines with Badlands Daquantae 26L, Lookout Viking 392N and Minburn Main Event 124K

I hope he works out I guess it will be couple of years before I know for sure. :shock: :D :D

Latest posts