• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

College Basketball

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker

Reaction score
It's that time of year again; March Madness, Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, Final Four.

What do you all have? Mine:
Sweet 16; Illinios, Boston College; Arizona, Okie St., Washington, Louisville, Texas Tech, Wake Forest, N. Carolina, Florida, Kansas, Conneciticut, Duke, Syracuse, Oklahoma, Kentucky

Elite 8; Illinois, Okie St., Louisville, Tech, NC, UConn, Duke, OU

Final 4; Illinois, Louisville, NC, OU

Illinois beating NC 72-68

Guess my pick since I live 35 miles from the U of I :p They are a great bunch of kids with a straight talking coach that everyone likes. I hope they go all te way, if not they have been a fans dream to watch.

First, I have Kansas every year, and this year is no different. I think the injuries are getting better, and we should build each week. Getting past UConn and Carolina in wk 2 will be a test.

Okie State matches up well with Illinois

Duke and Washington are frauds

Sandhusker said:
It's that time of year again; March Madness, Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, Final Four.

What do you all have? Mine:
Sweet 16; Illinios, Boston College; Arizona, Okie St., Washington, Louisville, Texas Tech, Wake Forest, N. Carolina, Florida, Kansas, Conneciticut, Duke, Syracuse, Oklahoma, Kentucky

Elite 8; Illinois, Okie St., Louisville, Tech, NC, UConn, Duke, OU

Final 4; Illinois, Louisville, NC, OU

Illinois beating NC 72-68

Not too shabby! So far! We'll see tonite.

Brad......as a die-hard KSU Wildcat fan, all I can say about KU is

WHO THE HELL IS BUCKNELL ????? HA HA HA HA HA Rock Chalk Chicken Hawk

Bucknell is somebody that made the NCAA tournament, and beat Kansas. If I were a diehard KSU fan (besides lighting myself on fire) I'd ask Bucknell how the hell they did either feat.

If you want a whos who that never was, try looking at KSU's noncon sced - in basketball (or football). What sort of scheduling ouige board can predict 10 of the worst 20 basketball teams in the country? Is Coach Snyder lending his expertise in divining cupcakes?

Ilinois may have lost the title game last night, but I think they have the best record in the country.....THAT IS A TRUE NATIONAL CHAMPION!
What a great group of players and a CLASS ACT COACH!!!

come on Brad...... you MUST realize that KU is a stepping stone. How many near misses did Roy have? then on the first trip with Carolina he wins it all. I think he really left KU because he was affraid Mangino was going to eat him!

Cat basketball is getting headed in the right direction, Wolly will get the job done, just takes time. And look for the football team to return to the top, cupcakes my a$$, you want to see cupcakes look at the Huskers preseason!

when it comes down to talking about this years round ballers.........
we have this to cheer about;
Kansas State University...... National Champion Livestock Judging team 2004 !!!

remember, the only thing worse than a Husker is a Husker who cheers for KU basketball.

:wink:

jigs said:
come on Brad...... you MUST realize that KU is a stepping stone. How many near misses did Roy have? then on the first trip with Carolina he wins it all. I think he really left KU because he was affraid Mangino was going to eat him!

Cat basketball is getting headed in the right direction, Wolly will get the job done, just takes time. And look for the football team to return to the top, cupcakes my not nice, you want to see cupcakes look at the Huskers preseason!

when it comes down to talking about this years round ballers.........
we have this to cheer about;
Kansas State University...... National Champion Livestock Judging team 2004 !!!

remember, the only thing worse than a Husker is a Husker who cheers for KU basketball.

:wink:

Jigs, Jigs, Jigs, you sure you want to talk non conference cupcakes? :p

As far as your football team "returning to the top", I'm scratching my head trying to figure out when they were ever at the top! :wink: Seems the Huskers have been there 5 times, yet I can't seem to remember the mild cats ever being there..... :D

after beating the huskers 4 out of the last 5 times, do you really want to talk smack on my Cats??

2005 schedule has KSU vs. 6or 7 bowl teams. I noticed NU plays Maine.......that must be the best cupcake in the bunch!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching the NU games....hell I even rooted for them when they played the Florida schools....and Osborne is a legend. Taking a knee on the one when they humiliated Florida in1995 ( I think that was the year) showed class and I respect that. However, the constant whinning about KSU "running up the score" the past few games is pure crybaby poorsportsmanship on the Husker Nation. Pelinni is an a$$....going to OU proved that!

Football is like baby calves....just can't get enough!!
[/img]

jigs said:
after beating the huskers 4 out of the last 5 times, do you really want to talk smack on my Cats??

2005 schedule has KSU vs. 6or 7 bowl teams. I noticed NU plays Maine.......that must be the best cupcake in the bunch!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching the NU games....hell I even rooted for them when they played the Florida schools....and Osborne is a legend. Taking a knee on the one when they humiliated Florida in1995 ( I think that was the year) showed class and I respect that. However, the constant whinning about KSU "running up the score" the past few games is pure crybaby poorsportsmanship on the Husker Nation. Pelinni is an not nice....going to OU proved that!

Football is like baby calves....just can't get enough!!
[/img]

I hear you about not getting enough college football. Yeah, you've beaten us 4 of 5, I won't mention the previous 30 years... :lol:

Snyder does like to run the score up, though. Not just on us, it's his modus operandi. I would root for you guys a little more if you got rid of him! I generally always pull for any Big 12 team and put the North over the South, but is is pretty hard pulling for Colorado and Texas :?

Pelini got a little raw deal up here. It was pretty obvious he wasn't going to get the job - our AD should of made that clear earlier instead of leading him along. Bo will end up being a pretty good coach - he's just a little raw.

Good luck next year

GO BIG RED

amen on the Colorado / Texas thing. And although I think Snyder is a magician in what he did for the program, I would like to see new blood run the show myself.

previous 30 years???? what you talkin bout Willis ? :wink:

Latest posts