• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Colorado must be Number 1!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cowpuncher

Reaction score
Just paid the license renewal on my 2009 Chevrolet4 x 4 half ton pickup.

The cost was as follows:

Ownership Tax__________322.14
License Fee_____________129.72
Road Fee________________28.00
Bridge Fee_______________17.25
Total___________________451.86

Does this state have any competition??

I thought you might have meant that Colorado was #1 in potato production, since I saw a Super Bowl commercial for Colorado Potatoes. That was weird! :shock:

PD

You still pay that crap on a old beat up pickups that you only use for fence fixin or field work. :x

The state is broke and they got to get money somehow to pay for new roads around Denver while the rest of the states roads go to ****. :roll:

Cowpuncher said:
BB2 Wrote:
Did they atleast buy you supper or kiss you first?

No kiss, but I did ask that if they had a gun handy, I would be more comfortable getting robbed!! :( :(

That is one of the best lines I have ever heard! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sure that there will be opportunity to use it in the future!

Sorry, down here in Florida, we have you beat.

2000 Chevy 6500...........$464.30

Thankyou Charlie Crist for doubling everybodies fees.

bart. †

My 03 Ford was a $138 my 84 ford is $38.50 my wifes 2007 Honda is in the $300 range

Try our side of the medicine line........you can easily double those fees....does include insurance (limited) however you can also add on extra insurance in a package policy at additional cost!

Do you have sales tax on a new one? Here tags are only 30 something dollars a year but we do have to pay sales tax on all new and anything over $4500 used. Also to get tags they have to be listed on the property tax and have lilibility ins. Age doesn't matter on tag price either it's 30 so
something if is new or 15 years old. We do have a tag for over 25 years old but I don't know what it is except its alot cheaper.

jedstivers said:
Do you have sales tax on a new one? Here tags are only 30 something dollars a year but we do have to pay sales tax on all new and anything over $4500 used. Also to get tags they have to be listed on the property tax and have lilibility ins. Age doesn't matter on tag price either it's 30 so
something if is new or 15 years old. We do have a tag for over 25 years old but I don't know what it is except its alot cheaper.

We pay the taxes when they are purchased, 12% Harmonized Sales Tax.
Agriculture, logging and mining can apply and have HST returned. Ins is so high because BC drivers are terrible and everyone pays for the bad drivers. A person with no ins claims can never get more than 40% discount.

BC has a minimal level of insurance coverage included though, right? Here in Ontario we pay around $80 for one year. But our insurance for one vehicle is around $800.00, depending on one's driving record and level of coverage.

burnt said:
BC has a minimal level of insurance coverage included though, right? Here in Ontario we pay around $80 for one year. But our insurance for one vehicle is around $800.00, depending on one's driving record.

Yes, we are required to have enough to cover the other guy in case of an accident. The basic would be roughly $450 on both of our vehicles.

Winter Calving ain't easy or fun unless you are bold
They like to sell calves in October that are ten months old
Calving chain handles and old faded Carhardt's
And each day begins a new night
You don't understand them and might cause a fight
Cause they'll never calve a cow in May

Babies don't let your Grammas grow up to be Winter calvers
Don't let them pull calves and lay in the muck
Let them bake cookies and other great stuff
Babies don't let your Grammas grow up to be Night Calvers
Cause they never at home-they get mad to the bone
Even with someone they love

Winter Calvers like February thaws and clear winter mornings
Little warm calvies, heeler puppies and no calves coming at night
Them that don't do it-won't understand them and them that do
Probably did it years ago
They ain't wrong they're just different but their pride won't let them
Sell light calves in the fall that the cows had in May

Babies don't let your Grammas grow up to be winter calvers
Don't let them pull calf sleds to make those big bucks
Let them spoil their grandbabies and all that good stuff
Babies don't let your Grammas grow up to be winter calvers
Cause they're never at home-they get mad to the bone
Even with somebody they love

If the wrong ladies see this I'm a dead man. Everyone to their own but I feel free to tease because we did it here for years. There's nothing more irritating in life I realize than somebody whose quit smoking, drinking or calving in the cold.

Northern Rancher said:
Shoot I Put It In the wrong spot I get dumber every day

See, if you'd been night calving, you'd have had enough coffee in your system by now to have noticed that :p .

Back to the insurance topic, I've been comparing auto insurance quotes, and the best has been from Geico. Has anyone used them, and if so, are they good? Met Life is also a decent deal, Farmer's has been the highest. I currently have Progressive.

They didn't refer to our last Governor as TAX Ritter for nothing. The Democraps have a great new strategy they put someone in office , let him and the democrap legislature screw us into the ground and then they run a new moron the next time and the front range(urban colo) elects the new moron and it starts all over again.

I for one buy my cars out of state and screw them on the sales tax as much as possible. It's also cheaper to buy trucks in Ks.

that oughta get it locked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it's true

3 Way is right, Ritter and his cronies ran that hike through a couple of years ago. California might be higher than Colorado but not by much.

Latest posts