• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Colorado Wolf Reintroduction

Help Support Ranchers.net:

adtu3224

Reaction score
Hi, I am with CU News Corps and am creating a story on the recent controversy that is the reintroduction of wolves into the state of Colorado. There are plenty of articles on the pros of this and why people support it since the majority of Coloradoans support this, but I am interested on the opposing side to this news. I want to speak with people that were and currently are being affected by the wolf reintroduction, also people that strongly disagree with it and I want to learn surprising details that the public is not hearing. What's the story that is not being told with these wolves on Colorado, and what does the public need to know. I want to bring light to this. Is there any way you can put me in contact with people that have knowledge and experience in this area, and also farmers/ranchers that are directly impacted by this? Thanks!

I had two weaned calves weighing about 450-500 pounds killed by a wolf on October 7. They were less than 200 yards from my house. In mid to late September what is assumed to be the same wolf killed a weaned calf about 3 miles from here. And on October 30 they killed 3 weaned calves in my closest neighbor's field. He had these calves previously contracted for $1,800+ per calf. There have been no incidents since then. Elk season opened a few days after the last attack. Hopefully some elk hunter cured the problem.

Two years ago there was a pack 10-15 miles northeast of here that was killing a yearling steer every other day. This went on for several weeks. The fish and wildlife took out 2 of the 8 wolf pack. But they wouldn't remove the breeding female. Just the alpha male and a yearling. Leaving the female to produce more cow killers. Thankfully that year during deer season some hunter shot that wolf.

I think it was last year that 4 or 5 wolves killed a ranchers dog in his fenced back yard. The same back yard that his 3 and 5 year old kids play in. That was over around Medical Springs. The people who think wolves are something we need around should go talk to him.

Interesting of the 10 wolves that went to Colorado from Oregon. Nine of the 10 were from packs that are known livestock killers. Good Luck with them.

Hi, I am with CU News Corps and am creating a story on the recent controversy that is the reintroduction of wolves into the state of Colorado. There are plenty of articles on the pros of this and why people support it since the majority of Coloradoans support this, but I am interested on the opposing side to this news. I want to speak with people that were and currently are being affected by the wolf reintroduction, also people that strongly disagree with it and I want to learn surprising details that the public is not hearing. What's the story that is not being told with these wolves on Colorado, and what does the public need to know. I want to bring light to this. Is there any way you can put me in contact with people that have knowledge and experience in this area, and also farmers/ranchers that are directly impacted by this? Thanks!
There must be a reason why someone feels deprived because there aren't enough wolves, rattle snakes, cock roaches, mice and fleas but I don't know what it is.

Call the Mesa cattlemen's association in Grand Junction!!!!!!

T
Thanks for being interested in the opposing sides.

Latest posts