• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Combine Fire

Help Support Ranchers.net:

feeder

Reaction score
Well, I did it good this time. I was combining yesterday, only had 40 acres to go, and the stupid combine started on fire by the engine. Flames were dancing, hoses were popping, corn stalks started on fire. I couldn't call 911 on my stupid cell so called the hubby to call for help. He asked if I got the important stuff out. I said "sure my phone and my cigs". But then I remembered all his crop paperwork. Up in the stupid combine I went to get that stuff. Going down I missed a few steps and twisted the old leg. The field work will be done for me for a few days. But we do have good news, our 9th grandchild was born Nov.9. A baby girl!!! Will see her tomorrow.

Congratulations on the Grandbaby. I am scared to death of combine fires. I thrash fescue seed and it is usually about 100degrees and dry as a powder keg. Did you completely lose the combine? How about the crop?

I don't think they will total it out. And the crop was saved, I was on a strip away from the main standing corn. But today I opened a letter from the insurance co. that came a few days ago, and they are cancelling us out in Dec. due to 2 claims in 3 years. Boy will they be happy when we turn one more claim in before we get the boot!!!! Insurance co. make me mad. We have been with them for 33 years, had 4 or 5 claims in that time, and now they cancel us.

Feeder,

I feel for you, we ve been through it this year and I know how it makes you feel. With our claims this year our insurance company uped our deductible to $2500. What kind of combine is it?

I also enjoyed our short visit, good to meet you finally! Sorry about your fire, glad you weren't hurt. You do have some luck don't you? Congrats on the baby.

It is a Case ih 1660. Nothing real great, but it was paid for. A person nevers comes out ahead in cases like these. I'm just glad it didn't happen in the beginning of harvest. How are things going for you MR? Did you ever get a house?

congrats on the Grand baby....Nov. 9 is my youngest kids birthday.

sorry to hear of your fire......lucky for us all we can count on our insurance companies to be there for us when it is time to pay the premium!

I'd have to agree, thankfully we haven't but paid in so far.
Well except when we got adjusted on the hail damage...

feeder,glad you are alright that just shows how fast accidents can happen.
Take your camera when you go see that brand new baby girl,so we can see what she looks like,probably gonna be good looking like her "granny"...............good luck

Latest posts